The combination of spices including fresh rosemary, cumin and cayenne pepper gives these Rosemary and Spice Nuts a depth of flavor that is irresistible.
My mother in-law gave me this Rosemary and Spice Nuts recipe many years ago and it has become one of my favorites to make, nibble on, and share.
I keep bags of raw nuts on hand so that I can whip this up in no time. The combination of fresh rosemary, cumin and cayenne pepper gives each bite a depth of flavor that is irresistible.
Below are the directions for one recipe but trust me, you will want to double or even triple it! I always make a double batch.
One bathch is never enough and it is so easy to make more! Doubling the recipe fits perfectly on a large baking sheet.
Feel free to use any combination of raw nuts that you like most by trying cashews, walnuts, pecans, almonds, peanuts or any of your own favorites.
These just came out of the oven. Oh how I wish you could smell them!
Fill a jar or ceramic dish and this tasty snack becomes the perfect hostess gift! I love to have these nuts when having friends over for cocktails. They are always a crowd pleaser!
For a perfect meal 😄 make yourself a Kombucha Whiskey Sour Cocktail and grab a bowl of Rosemary Spiced Nuts. Enjoy!
More Gr8 recipes you will love!
- Sugar and Spice Pecans
- Apple Slices with Toffee Crunch Dip
- Caramel Corn
- Chewy Caramels
- No Bake Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
This post contains affiliate links, which means we may make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click on the link and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
This recipe has been edited since the last publication on October 22, 2017.
Savory Rosemary and Spice Nuts
- 3 cups raw nuts, I use walnuts, pecans, almonds and cashews.
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon granulated sugar, or 1 1/2 Tablespoons of packed dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat an oven to 300°F.
- Measure the nuts into a medium sized bowl and mix with a large spoon.
- Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan or small sauté pan over medium-low heat. Once warm add the chopped fresh rosemary and only cook for about a minute. Do not cook too long or the rosemary will burn.
- Pour the rosemary olive oil over the nuts (yes, use a spatula to get all the oil and rosemary out of the pan and onto the nuts) and stir to coat the nuts.
- In a separate small bowl, stir together the sugar, cumin, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and smoked paprika.
- Add the spice mixture to the nuts and stir to coat all the nuts.
- Pour the nuts onto a rimmed baking pan (again use a spatula and scrape the bowl to get all the oil and spices onto the nuts). Shake the pan until the nuts are in a single layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Toss the nuts with a spatula and then shake the pan again to make sure the nuts are in a single layer and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
- These nuts can be made ahead of time and kept in a sealed container for up to 4 days.
- I almost always double the recipe!
- Wrapped in a festive container, these make the perfect hostess gift!