Pumpkin Cookies with Maple Glaze are a favorite and this recipe makes enough for a crowd! These delicious, easy cookies are Gr8 for any holiday gathering.
Are you hosting a Halloween party or Thanksgiving at your house, or maybe you are going to a party or need to provide cookies for your kids' class? This recipe is the perfect solution because it yields between 8 and 9 dozen cookies...that's about 100 cookies! And if you don't need quite that many, just cut the recipe in half.
I took these to my daughter's housewarming and they were a hit. And the Gr8 thing about this recipe is that you can make just plain pumpkin cookies or add in nuts or chocolate chips or raisins or...just about anything, how about some orange M&Ms? Don't you just love options?
These cookies are cake-like, they won't spread much, so you get this lovely morsel of soft, pumpkin-y, melt in your mouth deliciousness!
When they were first out of the oven I asked my official taste-tester for his opinion. Of course, Vince liked them (it is a cookie fresh from the oven!) but he wasn't over the moon about them. He continued watching football and I finished working on the cookies.
Then I popped one into his mouth and his eyes grew wide! "What did you do to them?" He asked. Well, all I had done was finish them with the Maple Glaze. That is the perfect touch. And oh my gosh, the glaze! I could eat it with a spoon!!!
In addition to being a Gr8 recipe for a crowd, the unglazed cookies can be frozen. Just add the Maple Glaze after defrosting. I froze some of these cookies with the glaze on them, and once defrosted they were okay. The glaze was not as shiny, but they were still delicious.
Other Pumpkin Treats
Pumpkin Cookies with Maple Glaze
Ingredients for the Cookies
- 2 cups butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup tightly packed brown sugar
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 batch Maple Glaze, see recipe below
Add 4 cups of any of the following, if you desire —
- Nuts, I used pecans, but Vince thought walnuts would be better.
- Chocolate chips
Ingredients for Maple Glaze
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 Tablespoons maple syrup, using real gives a MUCH better flavor profile
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cream together the butter and the sugars until well mixed.
- Beat in the pumpkin, eggs and vanilla. It's okay if the batter looks a little curdled.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and spices.
- With the mixer at low speed, stir the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture.
- Stir in any of the optional additions you might be using.
- Drop by Tablespoons onto parchment lined cookie sheets, at least 2 inches apart. Don't press them down, leave them round on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool cookies on racks.
- When completely cooled put the cookie racks on top of waxed paper, then drizzle the Maple Glaze on top of each cookie.
- Let glaze dry and serve!
Maple Glaze Directions
- Whisk together all ingredients until incorporated and no more lumps remain.
- Drizzle on your choice of treat.
- Let glaze dry.