Sugar and Spice Pecans, the perfect snack for your guests or a Gr8 gift to bestow. These are easy to make and package well.
These Sugar and Spice Pecans are perfect as an appetizer, a snack, or on salads. They also make a Gr8 hostess gift. At the holidays keep a batch of these sweet 'n spicy nuts in your pantry in case last minute guests arrive!
Add them to your cheese tray or just enjoy them as a snack. Your guests will love to munch on these sweet and savory nuggets.
Buy some pretty jars, fill them with these Sugar and Spice Pecans and you will have Gr8 hostess gifts.
How to make these delicious nuts.
- Prepare a large rimmed baking sheet with either a piece of parchment paper or by spraying with cooking spray or olive oil.
- Mix together the two sugars and the spices in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat some olive oil and the pecans in a frying pan on the stove until the pecans are coated and warm.
- Pour the sugar and spice mixture into the pan with the pecans and toss to combine. Then spread the whole on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake, stirring once halfway through.
- Spend less than 30 minutes making this treat to spice up your life, then serve warm or at room temperature.
If you love nuts, here are more Gr8 recipes!
- Pecan Crescent Cookies
- Spicy Nuts
- Walnut Fig and Cheese Terrine
- Mahi Mahi with Nut Crust
- Cranberry Nut Bread
Sugar and Spice Pecans
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 8 ounces raw pecan halves, choose other nuts, if you prefer, maybe walnuts!
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the two sugars, cayenne pepper, cumin, black pepper and salt.
- Heat a frying pan on medium-low heat.
- Add the olive oil and pecans.
- Stir until pecans are coated and warm.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the sugar and spice mix to the pecans and toss until well coated.
- Spread this mixture on your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for a total of 13-15 minutes and halfway through baking give the pecans a good stir.
- These are delicious served warm or at room temperature.