These Sugar and Spice Pecans are perfect as an appetizer, a snack, or on salads. They also make a Gr8 hostess gift. At the holidays keep a batch of these sweet 'n spicy nuts in your pantry in case last minute guests arrive!
Jurga Spiced Salad gets an extra kick from these beauties. And if you're making smørrebrød, they're delicious with the bleu cheese. Add them to your cheese tray or just enjoy them as a snack. Your guests will love to munch on these sweet and savory nuggets.
Buy some pretty jars, fill them with these Sugar and Spice Pecans and you will have Gr8 hostess gifts.
Spend less than 30 minutes making this treat to spice up your life!
Sugar and Spice Pecans
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 ounces raw pecan halves, choose other nuts, if you prefer, maybe walnuts!
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the two sugars, cayenne pepper, cumin, black pepper and salt.
- Heat a frying pan on medium-low heat.
- Add the olive oil and pecans.
- Stir until pecans are coated and warm.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the sugar and spice mix to the pecans and toss until well coated.
- Spread this mixture on your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for a total of 13-15 minutes and halfway through baking give the pecans a good stir.
- These are delicious served warm or at room temperature.