This one bowl Chocolate Chip Bread recipe is about as easy as yeast bread baking gets! Eat a slice for breakfast, as a yummy snack or give a loaf as a gift!
Have you ever baked anything with chocolate chips that doesn't also contain sugar? Probably not, right? How about a loaf of bread with no eggs? Well guess what my friends? I've got it right here for you!
This Chocolate Chip Bread is one of the easiest bread recipes that you'll ever make. The only liquid is a minimal amount of olive oil and water and not much more of anything else!
Give yourself the time to let it rise and with a few minimal ingredients, you'll be so proud of yourself when you see the beautiful loaves of deliciousness you've created!
The amount of chocolate chips is up to you. The more, the meltier!
One for you. One for me.
I have a friend who was so afraid to make this because she had a "fear of using yeast"! You know what? She now makes this almost as much as I do! It's the best!
Wrapped up as a gift, sliced up for dessert with Kyle's Heavenly Hot Chocolate or enjoying with your morning coffee or tea, this is one of those baked goods that will have your family members requesting more.
The best part, this recipe makes 2 loaves! How Gr8 is that! Yep! This Chocolate Chip Bread recipe makes 2 big round loaves!
So go ahead, it'll make you feel good enjoying one, and you'll feel even better giving one to a friend. I guarantee it will make them feel good, too!
I know my friends at work don't mind when I come in with a loaf! Word gets out that there is homemade bread in the building, and it disappears in a flash!
"Maybe" one time, I'll share both loaves! But I think that would only happen if my family doesn't see (or smell) it baking in the oven!
More Gr8 Bread Recipes
- Soda Bread - no yeast required!
- Cranberry Nut Bread - a sweet treat
- Challah - a pretty braided loaf
- 2 Hour French Bread - quick and easy!
- Herby Onion Focaccia - savory and yummy
This post contains affiliate links, which means we may make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click on the link and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD
- 4 cups flour, (white bread flour or all-purpose), plus extra for your workspace.
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, not extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ ounce active dry yeast, (2 envelopes)
- About 1 ½ cups pretty warm water, amount varies depending on the moisture in the air)
- 7 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips, more or less depending on personal preference
- In large bowl, mix the flour with the salt, olive oil and yeast, until combined.
- Slowly add the warm water and mix with a wooden spoon until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Tip the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for about 5+ minutes.
- Return dough to the bowl. Let rest in a draft free spot (uncovered) for 1 hour.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Divide the dough evenly into 2 pieces.
- Press down one piece of dough into a disc of 1" in thickness.
- Using half the chocolate chips (the other half will be for the second loaf), start sprinkling some evenly and press them down gently.
- Fold over one "flap." Add more chips to the area "un-chocolated!"
- Repeat, by folding over a couple times and pressing in more chocolate, pinching the dough to close any open seams.
- Shape the dough into a ball like shape and flatten to a 1 ½" thickness.
- Dust, by sprinkling heavily with flour. With a sharp knife, score lines diagonally on top and crosswise to create diamond shapes.
- Place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat Steps 7-12 with other loaf..
- Let loaves rest again, uncovered for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 400℉. Bake the bread for 20-25 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- I have used milk chocolate chips and mini chocolate chips. They all create the same yummy results.
- Be sure to use a sharp non-serrated knife when creating the diamond line pattern on top.
Gr8 Gift Idea:
- When the loaves have cooled, wrap in parchment paper or brown kraft paper, tie with string and you have a Gr8 Gift for a friend! OR, wrap in a new, colorful dish towel, this also makes a beautiful gift!