This Pumpkin Pie Crunch Dessert is so delicious and so easy to make! Start with one bowl and a boxed cake mix and you end up with the perfect dessert!
In 2003 a fun group of gals would gather for our monthly Bunco night. We always looked forward to our evening of socializing, laughter, eating, drinking, and of course talking about our kids (and yes, once in awhile we actually played bunco). One fall night, Julie brought a delicious Pumpkin Pie Crunch Dessert. Julie joked about how easy the dessert was to make. She was so right! After our first bite, everyone was requesting the recipe.
This is an easy dessert to throw together in one bowl. One of the main ingredients is a cake mix! That's right. No measuring flour; just open the box and dump it in. Easy!
This is the perfect dish to bring to your bunco night or to the office for a potluck lunch or why not serve it for dessert this year for Thanksgiving!
Can't get enough pumpkin?
Here are some other pumpkin recipes that we love.
- Pumpkin Cookies with Maple Glaze
- Pumpkin Biscuits with Maple Candied Bacon
- Pumpkin Irish Cream
- Spicy Pumpkin Soup
- Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Granola Bars
Pumpkin Pie Crunch Dessert
- 2 cups canned pure pumpkin, be sure to get the pure pumpkin, not the pie filling
- 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 boxed yellow cake mix
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- whipped cream for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 9 x 13 glass baking dish.
- Combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, spice, and salt in a bowl.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over the pumpkin mixture then drizzle with melted butter.
- Top with pecans.
- Bake 50 - 55 minutes.
- Cool slightly and serve warm or serve at room temperature.
- Top with whipped cream.
Gr8 Do Ahead Tip:This dessert can be made one day ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Last published on October 2, 2016.