Make your own Pumpkin Pie Spice!! That's right, you don't have to buy another spice for your cabinet, it's easy to DIY and perfect for holiday baking!
You can buy Pumpkin Pie Spice... Or you can make your own! Yes, it's simple and you probably have all the spices in your cabinet already. And come on, when have you ever used up a jar of spice before you have to replace it? So, use it up when you do it yourself! Simple and economical, what could better?
I decided to figure out how to make my own one day when a recipe called for it and I didn't have it and didn't want to go to grocery store.
How to DIY Your Own Spice Mix
The Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix that you buy at the grocery store is really just a mixture of several popular spices. By doing a little research and then some mixing and taste testing, I came up with my perfect mixture. And that is the beauty of DIY, you can add a little more of one spice and little less of another to get it to your favorite flavor!
Start with my proportions and then after tasting, simply adjust to your liking. Very simple and it will save you several dollars and use what you already have!
Recipes Using Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Pumpkin Granola Bars
- Perfectly Perfect Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Cookies - This recipe is perfect for a crowd, it makes a LOT of cookies!
Between you and me, I'd love to try this in an apple pie, too...shhhh, that's a little radical!
DIY Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix
- 3 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- In a small bowl mix all the spices together well.
- Taste and adjust to your liking.
- Store in a tightly sealed container with your other spices.