This Perfectly Perfect Pumpkin Pie goes together quickly and is a Gr8 fall and holiday dessert. I made it in less than an hour! Now THAT's perfect!
It's Fall and that means everything's coming up pumpkin! Here is the must have recipe of the season: Perfect Pumpkin Pie.
The other night my mom, our son and his darling wife were all coming over for dinner. I had worked all day on the website, and then made dinner. At the last minute, literally the last minute, I decided we needed dessert and thought a pumpkin pie would be Gr8.
It was 5 pm and the kids were arriving at 6, that's right, 6. One hour to make a whole pie. Well guess what? The process takes less than an hour; not counting baking time, because it can bake while you have cocktails, appys and dinner!
Yep, it's true, if you make the pie crust using your food processor, it goes together quickly and perfectly. (PS: I made the pie crust first, then just put it into the refrigerator while I made the filling. It wasn't in the fridge for very long.)
Most pumpkin pie recipes call for evaporated milk, which I didn't have on hand. I did have a couple cans of Eagle Brand Condensed Milk in the pantry. A quick search on-line revealed an Eagle Brand recipe using their condensed milk; I modified the recipe a little and it was DELICIOUS!!! This is my pumpkin pie recipe from now on.
Please leave a rating!
Perfectly Perfect Pumpkin Pie
- 1 14-ounce can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups pumpkin puree, or one 15-ounce can of puree
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie crust
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- Heat oven to 425ºF.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the condensed milk, pumpkin pie spice, eggs, pumpkin puree and salt until well combined. Be sure the eggs are well incorporated.
- Sprinkle 1 Tablespoon flour inside the pie crust and spread it around the cover the crust. Poke holes in the bottom and sides of the crust with a fork.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the pie shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425ºF then reduce the oven temperature to 350ºF and bake for another 30 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted about 1" from the edge of the crust comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Be a Gr8 Friend and tell us what you think!