This Cherry Manhattan perfectly blends the warmth of bourbon with the sweetness of vermouth and cherries. A sublime cocktail to wind down your day.
With the holidays swirling around us sometimes we need an easy and lovely cocktail to lead us out of our hectic day and into the evening. A wonderful, classic is the Manhattan.
This recipe sweetens it up a bit, THE Cherry Manhattan. There is something about the warmth of the bourbon and the sweetness of the vermouth and cherry juice that makes this a perfect holiday and winter time drink.
Classically the Manhattan is served up and in a martini glass, however, you can also serve this in an old-fashioned glass over ice, if you prefer. The ice will cut the alcohol somewhat as it melts. So if you aren't used to drinking whiskey cocktails, this might be the right choice for you.
And if you can get your hands on these Chukar Cherries dessert cherries, well, you are in for a treat!
If you are making our Crown Roast of Pork dinner, this is a Gr8 starter cocktail.
Other Delicious Cocktail Recipes
- Whiskey Swirl Cocktail
- Kombucha Whiskey Sour Recipe
- Delicious Pumpkin Martini
- Paper Plane #2 Recipe
- Margaritas with a Kick!
- A Thyme Martini Recipe
- A Rosé Cocktail Recipe
THE Cherry Manhattan
- 1 cup bourbon or rye whiskey, bourbon is sweeter than rye
- 1/2 cup sweet vermouth
- 1/3 cup dessert cherry juice or cherry syrup
- 5-6 dashes Angostura bitters
- 4 dessert cherries, with stem, we like Chukar Cherries
- 4 pieces orange zest, 2" x 1/2" (This is easy to do ahead of time with a potato peeler.)
- In a pitcher mix the bourbon, sweet vermouth, cherry juice and bitters.
- When ready to serve, put some ice in a martini shaker.
- Add one or two servings of the bourbon mixture.
- Shake gently to chill. (If you are serving over ice, you can eliminate this part.)
- Pour into a martini glass or coupe.
- Garnish with one cherry and one piece of orange zest twisted into each drink.