A cocktail with a little heat. If you like a little kick, you will be saying, "muchísimas gracias" as soon as you have that first sip of these Margaritas with a Kick.
A cocktail, with a little heat? ¡Sí, por favor! How do Jalapeño Margaritas sound?
Well, if you like a little kick, you will be saying, "muchísimas gracias!" Because as soon as you have that first sip, your tastebuds will be prancing!
Margaritas with a "Kick" have a refreshing citrus flavor with a spicy finale! Spicy has always been my favorite addition to most dishes!
That's probably why Mexican food is one of my all time favorite foods! Even in a cocktail!
My husband Phil is our "resident" bartender. Often at someone else's home or party, they ask for his mixological concoctions! He never disappoints!
I knew he'd have something clever to add to our Mexican theme dinner. So with a few ingredients, he took the basic margarita up a notch!
Time for a Fiesta
"Taco Tuesdays" are a common thing at most Mexican restaurants. And for the past several years, "Taco Tuesdays" have also been a common thing at our house!
I like to serve Carnitas or Fish Tacos with homemade salsa. Can you think of anything better than Margaritas with a "Kick"? This is our weekly "bebida" alongside our Tuesday "comida!"
Also, since our girls are adults now, it's so much fun when they're home and friends join the "fiesta." Phil makes a larger batch, so there's plenty on hand, ready for those needing a refill!
Spice it up!
With a few jalapeño slices muddled in the glass and some floating on top, the flavors will keep you going...you won't be needing a siesta!
The added coating of Tajin clinging to the lime dampened rim, adds a little salty chili-ness to that final little kick! Giving it the perfect finish!
So go ahead, make a pitcher! Certainly, you'll need to grab some chips & salsa and get the fiesta going!
Please leave a rating!
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 2 ½ ounces Margarita mix, lime based
- 1 ½ ounces tequila, preferably a good silver/clear
- ¼ ounce triple sec or Grand Mariner, orange liqueur
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- coarse salt, for rim, optional
- Tajin®, for rim, optional
- Thinly slice the jalapeño.
- Dampen rim of a double old-fashioned glass by rubbing lime wedge around edge.
- Dip rim in a dish of coarse salt or Tajin®.
- In bottom of glass, lightly muddle a couple of jalapeño slices (or more depending on your tolerance for heat!) For less heat, keep slices whole and don't muddle.
- Add ¼ cup of ice to glass.
- Add Margarita mix, tequila and triple sec and stir.
- Squeeze a wedge of lime into the glass, then add the wedge to the drink.
- Garnish with a couple jalapeño slices.
Muddled in the glass and a few slices on top really give it the "bite"! Try it the same way but with Persian cucumbers! So light and refreshing! You'll love it!
The Kerns Family is going to jump on this recipe!! Thank you!!