A cocktail with a little heat. If you like a little kick, you will be saying, "muchísimas gracias" as soon as you have that first sip of these Margaritas with a Kick.
Spice it up!
A cocktail, with a little heat? ¡Sí, por favor! How do Jalapeño Margaritas sound? Well, if you like a little kick, you will be saying, "muchísimas gracias!" Because as soon as you have that first sip, your tastebuds will be prancing! Margaritas with a "Kick" have a refreshing citrus flavor with a spicy finale! Spicy has always been my favorite addition to most dishes! That's probably why Mexican food is one of my all time favorite foods! Even in a cocktail!
My husband Phil is our "resident" bartender. Often at someone else's home or party, they ask for his mixological concoctions! He never disappoints! I knew he'd have something clever to add to our Mexican theme dinner. So with a few ingredients, he took the basic margarita up a notch!
Time for a Fiesta
"Taco Tuesdays" are a common thing at most Mexican restaurants. And for the past several years, "Taco Tuesdays" have also been a common thing at our house! I like to serve Carnitas or Fish Tacos with homemade salsa. Can you think of anything better than Margaritas with a "Kick"? This is our weekly "bebida" alongside our Tuesday "comida!" Also, since our girls are adults now, it's so much fun when they're home and friends join the "fiesta." Phil makes a larger batch, so there's plenty on hand, ready for those needing a refill!
This post contains affiliate links, which means we may make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click on the link and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
With a few jalapeño slices floating on top or muddled in the glass, or both, the flavors will keep you going...you won't be needing a siesta! The added coating of Tajin clinging to the lime dampened rim, adds a little salty chili-ness to that final little kick! Giving it the perfect finish! So go ahead, make a pitcher! Certainly, you'll need to grab some chips & salsa and get the fiesta going!
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 2 1/2 ounces Margarita mix, lime based
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila, preferably a good silver/clear
- 1/4 ounce triple sec or Grand Mariner, orange liqueur
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- coarse salt, for rim, optional
- Tajin®, for rim, optional
- Thinly slice the jalapeño.
- Dampen rim of a double old-fashioned glass by rubbing lime wedge around edge.
- Dip rim in a dish of coarse salt or Tajin®.
- In bottom of glass, lightly muddle a couple of jalapeño slices (or more depending on your tolerance for heat!) For less heat, keep slices whole and don't muddle.
- Add 1/4 cup of ice to glass.
- Add Margarita mix, tequila and triple sec and stir.
- Squeeze a wedge of lime into the glass, then add the wedge to the drink.
- Garnish with a couple jalapeño slices.
Gr8 Tip:Tajin® is a seasoning mix that will "Add a Zing to Fruits and Veggies."