A cocktail with a little heat. If you like a little kick, you will be saying, "muchísimas gracias" as soon as you have that first sip of these Margaritas with a Kick.
A cocktail, with a little heat? ¡Sí, por favor! How do Jalapeño Margaritas sound?
Well, if you like a little kick, you will be saying, "muchísimas gracias!" Because as soon as you have that first sip, your tastebuds will be prancing!
Margaritas with a "Kick" have a refreshing citrus flavor with a spicy finale! Spicy has always been my favorite addition to most dishes!
That's probably why Mexican food is one of my all time favorite foods! Even in a cocktail!
My husband Phil is our "resident" bartender. Often at someone else's home or party, they ask for his mixological concoctions! He never disappoints!
I knew he'd have something clever to add to our Mexican theme dinner. So with a few ingredients, he took the basic margarita up a notch!
Time for a Fiesta
"Taco Tuesdays" are a common thing at most Mexican restaurants. And for the past several years, "Taco Tuesdays" have also been a common thing at our house!
Also, since our girls are adults now, it's so much fun when they're home and friends join the "fiesta." Phil makes a larger batch, so there's plenty on hand, ready for those needing a refill!
Spice it up!
With a few jalapeño slices muddled in the glass and some floating on top, the flavors will keep you going...you won't be needing a siesta!
The added coating of Tajin clinging to the lime dampened rim, adds a little salty chili-ness to that final little kick! Giving it the perfect finish!
So go ahead, make a pitcher! Certainly, you'll need to grab some chips & salsa and get the fiesta going!
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 2 ½ ounces Margarita mix, lime based
- 1 ½ ounces tequila, preferably a good silver/clear
- ¼ ounce triple sec or Grand Mariner, orange liqueur
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- coarse salt, for rim, optional
- Tajin®, for rim, optional
- Thinly slice the jalapeño.
- Dampen rim of a double old-fashioned glass by rubbing lime wedge around edge.
- Dip rim in a dish of coarse salt or Tajin®.
- In bottom of glass, lightly muddle a couple of jalapeño slices (or more depending on your tolerance for heat!) For less heat, keep slices whole and don't muddle.
- Add ¼ cup of ice to glass.
- Add Margarita mix, tequila and triple sec and stir.
- Squeeze a wedge of lime into the glass, then add the wedge to the drink.
- Garnish with a couple jalapeño slices.