It's Thyme for a Martini! (See what I did there?) I love citrus, so anything shaken up with an herb, vodka and lemonade...I am sold! With the added little bit of fizz from the soda, Squirt, it’s the perfect thirst quencher!
This post contains affiliate links, which means we may make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click on the link and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Any chance I get to add some fresh fruit to a cocktail, I take it. Berries of any kind...sold! They’re always the freshest when I can find them at our favorite neighborhood farm stand at Manassero Farms.
When my husband decided to toss a few blueberries in this creation of his, it’s like a collection of plumped up goodness waiting at the bottom of the glass! Good to the last drop!
So many restaurants these days have some Gr8 combinations on their cocktail menu, and whenever Phil amd I are out and we find a drink we absolutely love, we either figure out by the description or ask the bartender (if we’re sitting belly up to the bar!). This was one of them!
Phil’s pretty clever and can recreate it on his own, if they’re not willing to part with the recipe! Being the “resident mixologist” in the family, I love when he’s trying new ones out!
Martini taste tester...I’ve got a Gr8 “job” here! In honor of this day of shaken or stirred libations, clink your glasses and make a toast with this Blueberry Thyme Lemondrop in hand! It’s always Thyme for a Martini, don’t you think? Here’s friends!
Blueberry Thyme Martini
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves, just strip them from the woody stem
- ice cubes
- 2 1/2 ounces Simply Lemonade® with Blueberry,, or see Gr8 substitution below
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce triple sec
- Splash of Squirt® soda
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme simple syrup, recipe below
- Quick squeeze fresh lemon juice
- 1 spring Sprig of thyme for garnish
Thyme Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4-6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- In a martini shaker, muddle thyme leaves.
- Add ice cubes (about 6 large), Simply Lemonade® with Blueberry, vodka, triple sec, Squirt®, and thyme simple syrup.
- Cover and shakity shake shake.
- Strain into your most fabulous martini glass.
- Top with squeeze of lemon.
- Garnish with thyme sprig and sit back and enjoy this pretty concoction!
- In a saucepan, bring water to boil.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Simmer until sugar has completely dissolved.
- Add thyme sprigs, turn off heat.
- Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Strain into a glass jar. See Gr8 Substitution below.
- Refrigerate without lid until cooled.
- Once completely cooled, cover jar with an airtight lid. Simple Syrup will keep in refrigerator for several months.