It's Thyme for a Martini! (See what I did there?) I love citrus, so anything shaken up with an herb, vodka and lemonade...I am sold!
In honor of this day of shaken or stirred libations, clink your glasses and make a toast with this Blueberry Thyme Lemondrop in hand!
Blueberry Thyme Martini
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves, just strip them from the woody stem
- ice cubes
- 2 1/2 ounces Simply Lemonade® with Blueberry,, or see Gr8 substitution below
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce triple sec
- Splash of Squirt® soda
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme simple syrup, recipe below
- Quick squeeze fresh lemon juice
- 1 spring Sprig of thyme for garnish
Thyme Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4-6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- In a martini shaker, muddle thyme leaves.
- Add ice cubes (about 6 large), Simply Lemonade® with Blueberry, vodka, triple sec, Squirt®, and thyme simple syrup.
- Cover and shakity shake shake.
- Strain into your most fabulous martini glass.
- Top with squeeze of lemon.
- Garnish with thyme sprig and sit back and enjoy this pretty concoction!
- In a saucepan, bring water to boil.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Simmer until sugar has completely dissolved.
- Add thyme sprigs, turn off heat.
- Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Strain into a glass jar. See Gr8 Substitution below.
- Refrigerate without lid until cooled.
- Once completely cooled, cover jar with an airtight lid. Simple Syrup will keep in refrigerator for several months.