Even though this Whiskey Swirl is a whiskey forward cocktail, the sodas lighten it up. Grapefruit soda and ginger ale make this a refreshing beverage.
One November, a couple weeks before Thanksgiving, I was trying to come up with a new beverage for our annual feast. We usually host 30 people, family and friends, for this event; it's my favorite holiday.
Since we were in the Fall season I wanted to use whiskey in the new cocktail. After playing around with a few mixers, Squirt (grapefruit soda) and ginger ale were the best additions.
How I Make the Whiskey Swirl
Using one part whiskey (your choice, any type will work) and one part each of Squirt and ginger ale gave the best flavor. I added a little squeeze of fresh lime as well. The two mixers make the drink fresh and light. You can also adjust the proportions of the two sodas to your own taste preferences.
This cocktail can be a year round favorite by muddling some mint leaves for an even more refreshing summer sip.
Other Cocktails to Enjoy:
And if you're looking for some guidance on whiskey, check out my Scotch whisky tasting.
- 1 part whiskey , rye, bourbon, Scotch or Irish will all work
- 1 part Squirt® (grapefruit soda)
- 1 part ginger ale
- 2 to 3 squeezes fresh lime juice, to your taste
- Grab an old-fashioned or highball glass (depends on how large a cocktail you want)
- Add some ice, then the ingredients, and stir
- Then add an extra squeeze of lime juice on top.