This Pear Hazelnut Green Salad combines simple but delicious flavors. Pears, hazelnuts, bacon, greens and a tasty dressing make this easy salad a hit.
I love love love this salad! Why do I love it so much? Maybe it is the addition of sweet bosc pears. Could be the bacon (everything is better with bacon, right?) or adding hazelnuts (also known as filberts) is an offbeat but delightful nut to include.
Clearly what makes this Pear Hazelnut Green Salad so delicious is the combination of all of these ingredients!
Joel could eat a salad every single night so having another salad recipe is welcomed by me!
It's also gr8 to have another salad dressing and this four ingredient dressing would be yummy on any green salad.
While making the meal the sweet juicy pears get to bathe in the dressing for that extra infusion of flavor!
So change up your everyday green salad and give this wonderfully fresh salad a try! It would be perfect paired with Anna's Bacon Wrapped Pan Seared Filet Mignon Steak. I guarantee it will become one of your favorites too!
More Gr8 Green Salads
- Papaya and Avocado Salad
- Green Salad with Warm Goat Cheese
- Arugula with Lemon Parmesan Dressing
- Pomegranate Apple Walnut Salad
- Spinach with Poppy Seed Dressing
Pear Hazelnut Green Salad
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup hazelnut oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 4 Bosc pears, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 6-ounce bags mixed salad greens
- 12 ounces thick bacon, cooked until crisp and then crumbled
- ¾ cup chopped toasted hazelnuts*
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard and vinegar.
- Whisk in the olive oil and then the hazelnut oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, place the sliced pears and ½ of the dressing and let the pears marinade in the dressing for about an hour.
- Add the greens and the bacon and gently toss. Add more dressing if necessary.
- Sprinkle with the nuts and serve.
- If you cannot find toasted hazelnuts in the store, it is easy to toast the raw nuts:
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350℉.
- On a baking pan in a single layer, bake the nuts for about 15 minutes or until the skins are slightly blistered.
- Wrap the nuts in a kitchen cloth or paper towel for about a minute.
- Rub off any loose skins with the towel.
- The salad dressing can be made up to one day ahead of time. Keep in the refrigerator and take out 30 minutes before using and stir to combine the ingredients before serving.