This spinach salad with poppy seed dressing is not only bursting with flavor but also makes a beautiful presentation with its vibrant and lively colors.
We love to serve this salad for a normal evening dinner because it is so easy to prepare. It also makes a beautiful presentation for a dinner party as your guests will love the vibrant colors of the oranges, onions and bright green leaves.
Check out how perfect it was for our Gr8 Mardi Gras Dinner!
This dressing has just the right amount of sweet and sour and complements just about any salad. The ingredients are basic pantry items and combining them in a jar makes it super easy and because it can be made ahead of time it can be ready when you are!
Even non-salad lovers will devour this Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing! It is light and refreshing especially when adding the oranges or another one of your favorite seasonal fruits. Drizzle just the amount of dressing needed to lightly cover the salad and Enjoy!
Other Gr8 Salads to enjoy:
- Warm Spinach Potato Salad with Bacon Vinaigrette
- Pear Hazelnut Green Salad
- Roasted Baby Beet Salad with Candied Kumquats
- Warm Mushroom Bacon Spinach Salad
- Heart of the Artichoke Sicilian Salad
This post contains affiliate links, which means we may make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click on the link and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated white onion, or 1/2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1/2 pound cooked bacon, crumbled
- 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 purple onion, thinly sliced
- (optional) shredded beets, avocados, other fruit
- In a jar, mix together the vinegar, honey, onion, Dijon mustard, salt, poppy seeds and oil. Cover and shake until well blended.
- Toss all of the salad ingredients together in a large bowl. Drizzle a little of the dressing over the greens and toss gently to coat. Continue adding the dressing and gently toss until all ingredients are evenly coated.
Gr8 Do-Ahead:The dressing can be made up to two days ahead of time and stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
We are loving these bamboo salad hands. Such a Gr8 price! These "wood" make a lovely gift.