This spinach salad with poppy seed dressing is not only bursting with flavor but also makes a beautiful presentation with its vibrant and lively colors.
This special dressing works on any salad and has just the right amount of sweet and sour taste. Non-salad lovers will devour this Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing! It is light and refreshing especially when adding your favorite seasonal fruit. Drizzle just the amount of dressing needed to lightly cover the salad.
Other Gr8 Salads to enjoy:
- Warm Spinach Potato Salad with Bacon Vinaigrette
- Pear Hazelnut Green Salad
- Roasted Baby Beet Salad with Candied Kumquats
- Warm Mushroom Bacon Spinach Salad
- Heart of the Artichoke Sicilian Salad
Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated white onion, or 1/2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1/2 pound cooked bacon, crumbled
- 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 purple onion, thinly sliced
- (optional) shredded beets, avocados, other fruit
- In a jar, mix together the vinegar, honey, onion, Dijon mustard, salt, poppy seeds and oil. Cover and shake until well blended.
- Toss all of the salad ingredients together in a large bowl. Drizzle a little of the dressing over the greens and toss gently to coat. Continue adding the dressing and gently toss until all ingredients are evenly coated.
Gr8 Do-Ahead:The dressing can be made up to two days ahead of time and stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
We are loving these bamboo salad hands. Such a Gr8 price! These "wood" make a lovely gift.