Arugula Salad with Lemon Parmesan Dressing, with some crusty French bread and a nice glass of Pinot Grigio, this is a perfect side salad.
Is there anything better than a recipe with only 6 ingredients that's yummy too? Ya, I don't think so either! Arugula Salad with Lemon Parmesan Dressing is a fresh salad with simple, easy to find ingredients.
I have always loved the strong flavor of arugula. It has a "bite" that has a peppery finish to it.
Arugula is something I always have on hand, because with this simple dressing recipe, this salad is on our table (or in my lunch at work!) every week!
If you're like my sister-in-law, Mary, you just have to step into your backyard and gather your bounty that's ready for the picking! If you’re lucky enough to have a nearby neighborhood farm stand in the area, that’s just as good!
We’re lucky here with our local favorite Manassero Farms! You know it’s fresh and you know exactly where it came from. Can’t beat that! Talk about farm to table!
With some crusty French bread and a nice glass of Pinot Grigio, this is a perfect side salad. Add a little roasted chicken and voilà...a delicious summertime main course!
Arugula Salad with Lemon Parmesan Dressing
- ⅓ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 5 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2-½ Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 generous cups baby arugula
- 2 firm Roma tomatoes, diced, alternatively, 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Parmesan cheese (optional) for passing
- Blend the dressing ingredients in the bowl of a food processor, immersion blender or regular blender.
- Season dressing with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use, or set aside, if you prefer it at room temperature..
- In a large bowl, combine the baby arugula and halved cherry tomatoes.
- Toss with desired amount of dressing to coat. It's best to start with a small amount to not heavily dress the salad. Offer more to pass around for those who like more.
- Pass additional parmesan (optional).