This Great Greek Salad is a simple salad made of a few fresh vegetables and dressed with the best extra virgin olive oil, feta and oregano!
Although I have yet to visit Greece, and definitely on my bucket list, I have always enjoyed a Greek Salad.
What's not to like when you combine a few very fresh vegetables, drizzle them with high quality olive oil and crown the mound of deliciousness with a chunk of feta? Voilà, you will have the perfect side salad or main dish.
This post contains affiliate links, which means we may make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click on the link and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Because there are only a few ingredients in this classic Great Greek Salad, it is important to choose the best you can find.
Just as important as including the freshest vegetables in this uncomplicated salad is the olive oil that dresses it.
In 2017, we attended the International Food Blogger Conference in Sacramento and on the first day enjoyed an afternoon at Cobram Estate. Cobram makes the freshest olive oil using only the most perfect olives from their groves.
They bottle it in their state-of-the-art facility ensuring that the consumer receives the highest quality olive oil. Their olive oil actually tastes like olives! So delicious!
So, yes, this was my choice of dressing for our Gr8 dinner. If you want to know more about olive oil, check out this very informative post from Anna.
Honestly nothing could be simpler this summer than this very flavorful salad. Don't forget to serve with warm crusty bread and enjoy!
Do you love salad?
Here are some more Gr8 ones!
- Strawberry Summer Salad
- Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
- Papaya and Avocado Salad
- Arugula with Lemon Parmesan Dressing
- Minted Cucumber and Tomato
- 4 medium ripe vine tomatoes, or 8 small tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, plus extra to taste
- 1 cucumber
- 2 slices red onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- ½ cup kalamata olives
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
- 8 ounce chunk feta cheese, cut into 4 chunks
- 4 teaspoons capers, optional
- Cut the tomatoes into wedges and place on a plate.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes with the sea salt and let sit while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Peel the cucumber. Cut it in ½ inch slices. Cut each slice in half.
- Cut the red onion slices in half.
- Slice the green bell pepper into 8 thin slices.
- On each of 4 plates or low shallow bowls, divide the tomato wedges. Add the cucumber, onion, bell pepper and olives on top.
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar and ½ teaspoon of oregano until combined.
- Drizzle each salad with the dressing.
- Place the feta chunk on the top of the salad. Sprinkle with oregano and divide the capers on top of each piece of cheese.