A Peppadew is a sweet and spicy pepper that makes a delicious martini…a Peppadew Martini! Easy and delicious for all your celebrations.
What is a Peppadew?
A Peppadew® is a "Mild Whole Sweet Piquante™ Pepper." I had never heard of them until I received a case of them in the mail. Yes, that's right, a whole case of Peppadew®. You see, my very generous friend recently discovered that they are a delicious, low calorie, snack. And she decided that we should have some, too. So, instead of sending a jar, or two, she sent a case!
I am on a mission to discover ways other than snacking to use these delightful morsels. They will be beautiful on an appetizer platter, and I am going to try stuffing them. But first, I experimented with making a drink to accompany our Cinco de Mayo menu.
A pepper margarita came to mind first (because, Cinco de Mayo!), but I wanted to make something where the sweet spicy flavor of the Peppadew® would shine and not be overtaken by the alcohol...so vodka was the logical choice! Which means martini...Peppadew Martini!
How to Make a Peppadew Martini
Several years ago we were in a bar that served a caprese martini, muddling the ingredients for the base. So I decided to muddle the peppers with some lime, and tomatoes. The next step was adding the vodka, a splash of dry vermouth and a few grinds of fresh pepper. I poured a little Ginger Ale on top and it was a perfect Peppadew Martini! You can use a lemon-lime soda or eliminate the soda if you prefer the stronger flavor.
Please leave a rating!
- 4 Whole Peppadew® peppers, divided use
- 2 Tablespooons juice from the Peppadew® jar
- Juice from ½ a lime
- 2-3 cherry tomatoes or 3-4 grape tomatoes
- 3 ounces vodka
- Splash of dry vermouth
- A couple grinds of fresh black pepper
- Ginger ale or lemon-lime soda, (such as 7-Up or Fresca), optional
- Sea salt
- Prepare 2 martini glasses by rubbing the rim with lime and coating the rim with the Sea Salt.
- In a martini shaker muddle the peppers, Peppadew® juice, lime juice, and tomatoes.
- Add the vodka, dry vermouth and freshly ground black pepper.
- Fill the martini shaker with ice, cover and shake until very cold.
- Strain into the prepared glasses.
- Top with the soda, if using.
- To Our Gr8 Friends!
In case you can't find them in the store, you can order them from Amazon (of course you can!).
Be a Gr8 Friend and tell us what you think!