This grilled pork chop with nectarines recipe is the perfect duo combined with a sprinkle of pine nuts and crumbled cheese.
This post contains affiliate links, which means we may make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click on the link and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Several years ago, I gave the Gr8 guys Bobby Flay's cookbook "Grill It;" a perfect foodie guy gift. Fortunately, I also bought a copy for myself.
Right off the bat, I decided to try it out instead of shelving it. The first recipe I chose was the Grilled Basil-Rubbed Pork Chops with Nectarines.
Boneless pork chops are one of my favorite meats to grill and this pork chop with nectarines recipe is so easy and so tasty.
The combination of the savory chops with the sweet fruit is undeniably delicious!
Rubbing the pork with basil leaves infuses a family favorite flavor into the meat. After a good rub, throw them on the grill.
Adding the grilled nectarines with the pork looks great on the plate and we all know fruit and pork are a perfect pairing.
The blue cheese gives the dish a salty punch that Kyle and I love. Finish the grilled pork chops and nectarines with toasted pine nuts, basil slivers and a drizzle of honey.
We have gone back to this recipe time and time again as it is always a crowd pleaser.
Fire up the grill for more Gr8 recipes!
- Fish Sheet Pan Dinner
- Cook your Turkey on the grill!
- Teriyaki Chicken Skewers
- Even a sandwich can be grilled!
Grilled Basil Rubbed Pork Chops with Nectarines
- 4 center-cut boneless pork chops, 1-inch-thick
- 16 basil leaves, 8 left whole and 8 sliced into ribbons
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 nectarines, slightly under ripe, halved and pitted
- 4 ounces (about 1 cup) blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted, see Gr8 tip below
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Turn your grill on to a high heat.
- Pat pork chops dry with a paper towel.
- Rub each side of the pork chops with a basil leaf.
- Brush with 2 Tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Generously sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill the chops until you see grill marks, about 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Use an instant-read thermometer to ensure that the internal temperature is 145º F, for medium rare; or 150º for medium.
- Remove to a plate, tent loosely with foil and let rest while you grill the nectarines.
- Brush each of the cut sides of the nectarines with olive oil and place each, cut side down, onto the grill.
- Grill for about 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- To continue to soften the nectarines, turn them over and grill for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove the nectarines from the grill and immediately top each with blue cheese.
- Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with sliced basil leaves, pine nuts, and black pepper.
- Serve with the pork chops.