Every household needs an easy Chicken Noodle Soup recipe to be able to quickly prepare for any meal any time of the year!
This Chicken Noodle Soup is truly a bowl full of comfort. Honestly this is one of my favorite recipes from Ina Garten and so easy that you'll never open a can of soup from your pantry again!
The chicken is baked on the bone with the skin which gives the chicken and soup so much flavor. If you don't have time to bake the chicken, buying a roasted chicken from your local market is a Gr8 timesaver.
This recipe is especially nice on days that you don't want a heavy meal. When my family wants something warm, light, and easy to make; I make this homemade chicken soup and some bread. A perfect lunch or supper for any day. And wonderful to be able to throw together for someone who is a bit "under the weather."
Other Delicious Chicken Soup Recipes
Soup is a wonderful option for a meal. And homemade soup is so much better for you than canned soup, which tends to have a lot of sodium.
- Easy Lemony Chicken Orzo Soup
- Shredded Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Chicken Artichoke and Cannellini Bean Spezzatino
- White Cheddar Chicken Chili
- Instant Pot Chicken Stock
Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
Recipe from Ina Garten.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Rub the chicken with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place it on a baking sheet. (I use parchment paper on the baking sheet.)
- Roast for 35 to 45 minutes, until cooked through.
- When the chicken is cooled, remove the skin and discard. Using your fingers or a fork, remove the chicken from the bone and shred.
- Over medium-high heat, bring the stock to a simmer in a large pot and add the celery, carrots, and noodles.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes until the noodles are done.
- Add the shredded chicken and parsley and heat through.
- Season with any spices you like and serve.
- If you don't have time to bake the chicken breast, just buy a roasted chicken from your local market. Use about 2 heaping cups of chicken.