I love Ina Garten Cookbooks and recipes and when the four of us decided to get together and cook one afternoon with Ina as our inspiration, I decided to make her Buffalo Chicken Wings. I had wanted to try this recipe for a long time and I’m glad that I did. These wings are delicious! With football season here, my family will really enjoy them for a half-time snack. If you want a bit more spice, add a teaspoon or two more of the hot sauce and Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Ina Garten’s “Barefoot Contessa Family Style.”
Buffalo Chicken Wings with Blue Cheese Dip
- 16 chicken wings,, about 3 pounds
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter,, melted
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 teaspoons Frank’s Hot Sauce,, or 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Blue Cheese Dip Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled gorgonzola or other blue cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise (some brands contain gluten, check the label.)
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Celery sticks and/or other veggies for dipping
- Turn on your broiler.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cut the wings apart into thirds so that you have a wing and drumette and a wing tip. Discard the wing tips. Lay the wings and drumettes on the prepared baking sheet.
- Add the cayenne, hot sauce and salt to the melted butter and stir to combine.
- Brush each wing with the butter mixture.
- Time to broil the wings. Set the baking sheet about 3 inches from the heat. Broil for about 8 minutes.
- Flip each wing and brush the other side with the melted butter sauce and broil for about 4 minutes more or until done.
- Process all the ingredients for the Blue Cheese Dip in a food processor or blender and mix until almost smooth.
- The wings can be enjoyed either warm or at room temperature. Add fresh cut veggies to your tray with the wings and dip and Enjoy!