Aloha Friends! Are you ready for an easy appetizer? Straight to the point: Easy Slow Cooker Hawaiian Style Party Meatballs!
Remember back in the day when your parents had their cocktail parties? The appetizers are what I remember best.
The traditional ones they had were all pretty basic back then. The orange cheeseball covered with nuts, dip and chips, a bowl of nuts, etc. And then there was always that one constant! Party Meatballs.
Back then they served them with a grape jelly sauce! It was an easy dish back then. Probably just meatballs and a jar of jelly!
Now don't get me wrong! There's nothing wrong with easy; especially when you're having a party!
For Kyle and Joel's Great 8 Luau themed dinner, I was so Gr8-ful when I was asked to bring an appetizer; Easy Slow Cooker Hawaiian Style Party Meatballs! I love small plate recipes, and this one was so simple! A delicious no brainer!
When I think of the food of Hawaii, fruit is what always comes to mind first. Well...that and fish, but I know for sure she asked for "meat"balls! Pineapple is the perfect choice. It's got its own sweetness and the smokiness of the barbecue sauce adds the perfect hint of savory.
Before you put on your hula skirt, hurry down to Trader Joe's! They've got Party Size Mini Meatballs that are absolutely perfect for this recipe!
With everything in the slow cooker, you'll have more time to make Anna's Moist and Yummy Pineapple Rum Cake for dessert, maybe even as cupcakes!
Whether you're making these for a Luau that you're hosting, or bringing them to a backyard barbecue, this Easy Hawaiian Style Meatball recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
With Don Ho music in the background and a Mai Tai in your hand, the flavors of the Hawaiian Islands will tempt you to book a flight to the big island! Aloha!
Easy Slow Cooker Hawaiian Style Meatballs Recipe
- Slow cooker
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce, your favorite bottled sauce, or homemade
- 3/4 cup crushed pineapple, not drained
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 20 ounce bag frozen mini party size meatballs, not thawed, I use Trader Joe's
- chopped parsley, garnish, optional
- Combine barbecue sauce, crushed pineapple, dark brown sugar and chili sauce in slow cooker. Mix thoroughly.
- Add frozen meatballs. Stir to combine and fully coat the meatballs with the sauce.
- Set slow cooker on low and cook for 4 to 4 1/2 hours. Add salt and/or pepper to taste.
- If serving from slow cooker, turn to "keep warm" setting.
- If serving from a separate dish, pour contents into serving bowl. Serve immediately.