This amazing Layered Crab Dip will be a hit at your next party. Perfect for entertaining at home and also easy to take to a friend's house!
I never tire of this easy Crab Dip recipe that is the perfect party appetizer. Crabmeat infused with fresh juices, cucumber, onion, tomato and herbs make for a refreshing and flavorful dish.
It is also a colorful dip to serve at Christmastime with the green and red vegetables sprinkled on the top!
Prepare this Layered Crab Dip Ahead of Time!
Prepare the ingredients the day before and assemble just before your guests arrive. I always get requests for this recipe from friends and family!
Yes, crab is pricey, especially fresh crab. If you have access to Costco or one of the other warehouse stores, you may be able to find Chicken of the Sea crab meat. It's more reasonably priced, and delicious!
More Yummy Crab Recipes
If you love this Layered Crab Dip, try some of our other favorites.
Please leave a rating!
Layered Crab Dip
- 1 pound fresh crabmeat or 2 8-ounce cans lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 green onions, minced
- ½ cup diced cucumber
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
- Tortilla chips
- In a glass bowl combine crabmeat, green onions, cucumber, red onion, tomato, parsley and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, combine the 3 juices.
- Stir the juices into the crab mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, combine cream cheese and mayonnaise, blending well.
- Spread a thin layer of the cream cheese and mayonnaise mixture over the bottom of a serving platter.
- Drain crab mixture, pressing out as much moisture as possible.
- Spread crab mixture over cream cheese and mayonnaise.
- Top with diced avocado.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Crabmeat can be expensive so I often substitute cooked jumbo shrimp cut into small pieces.
- Add a little bite to the recipe by adding ¼ teaspoon Tajin Clasico seasoning to the crab mixture (found at your local supermarket in the produce section).
Gr8 Do-Ahead Tip:Since this has to marinate several hours in the refrigerator, the crab mixture can be made the day before or the morning of serving it, up through Step 4. Begin with Step 5 just before serving.
Tajin Clasico Seasoning - this is also Gr8 sprinkled on jicama for a crunchy, healthy appetizer or fresh fruit for a spicy snack.
Lon, bummer that you are allergic to crab. You can substitute cooked large shrimp which is less expensive.
Looks fantastic!! Wish I wasn't allergic to crab!!! I will pass it on!!