These Ina Garten broiled buffalo chicken wings are the perfect snack or appetizer especially served with this blue cheese dip. Perfect for any gathering, these wings would be a delicious addition!
I love Ina Garten Cookbooks and recipes. So, when the four of us decided to get together and cook one afternoon with Ina as our inspiration, I decided to make her Buffalo Chicken Wings. We also spent the day making chicken pot pies, salad, and carrot cake. We we're four happy gals doing what we love!
I had wanted to try this recipe for a long time and I’m glad that I did. Only a few basic ingredients are needed to make these delicious wings. For a spicier wing, feel free to add more hot sauce.
It's great to be able to make a hearty appetizer in about 30 minutes. To really save time make the blue cheese dip up to two days ahead of time. Or, use a bottled blue cheese or ranch dressing.
So for a main meal, snack, appetizer or game day munchie, these easy to prepare juicy wings will be a hit!
More Gr8 Hearty Appetizers
This post contains affiliate links, which means we may make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click on the link and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipe adapted from Ina Garten’s “Barefoot Contessa Family Style.”
Broiled Buffalo Chicken Wings with Blue Cheese Dip
- 16 chicken wings, about 3 pounds
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter, melted (1 stick)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 teaspoons Frank’s Hot Sauce, or 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (see Gr8 Notes below)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Blue Cheese Dip Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled gorgonzola or other blue cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Celery sticks and/or other veggies for dipping
- Turn on your broiler.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cut the wings apart into thirds so that you have a wing and drumette and a wing tip. Discard the wing tips. Lay the wings and drumettes on the prepared baking sheet.
- Add the cayenne, hot sauce and salt to the melted butter and stir to combine.
- Brush each wing with the butter mixture.
- Time to broil the wings. Set the baking sheet about 3 inches from the heat. Broil for about 8 minutes.
- Flip each wing and brush the other side with the melted butter sauce and broil for about 4 minutes more or until done.
- Process all the ingredients for the Blue Cheese Dip in a food processor or blender or with an immersion blender and mix until almost smooth.
- The wings can be enjoyed either warm or at room temperature. Add fresh cut veggies to your tray with the wings and dip and Enjoy!