These easy to make and delicious Almond Cookies are very similar to shortbread cookies and perfect for any occasion!
Every year I like to try a new cookie for the holidays and this year I got to try a new one for a recent Gr8 Dinner!
I am always looking for easy to make cookies that bake up well. This recipe is a keeper and is my new all time favorite!
This version of a Chinese almond cookie is very similar to a shortbread cookie. You will be amazed at how simple and addicting these cookies are. Satisfaction guaranteed!
How to Make These Cookies
The dough goes together easily.
Then I like to use a 1" cookie scoop to easily make balls.
Flatten them using a jar or glass (I love the way the edge looks at this point.)
Brush with the egg wash.
Sprinkle with the sliced almonds.
And Voilà! You have delicious and satisfying Almond Cookies!
More Delicious Cookie Recipes
- The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Nutty Crescent Cookies
- Coconut Pineapple Cookies
- Fun and Delicious Popcorn Cookies
- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
Please leave a rating!
- 2 ¾ cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, if using salted butter, decrease the salt to ¼ teaspoon
- ½ cup butter flavored Crisco®
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons almond extract
- Sliced almonds for topping
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking soda and salt together into a mixing bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, blend in the butter and butter flavored Crisco until the mixture resembles cornmeal.
- Add egg and almond extract and mix well.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Set them 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press to flatten balls slightly. You can use the bottom of a glass for this.
- If desired, brush with an egg wash, see Gr8 Tip below.
- Place some sliced almonds on top of each cookie.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the edges of the cookies are golden brown, about 13-15 minutes.
Be a Gr8 Friend and tell us what you think!