This make ahead Endive with Smoked Salmon is the perfect appetizer to serve at your next party or any time you need an easy recipe! And don't forget to include this at your next tapas party!
Stun your guests with this light, no-cook, elegant appetizer.
Although these small leaves filled with smoked salmon look fancy, they are easy to prepare and would be a perfect appetizer when feeding a crowd.
We prepared these Endive with Smoked Salmon Tapas for Debbie and Phil's "Comida de Espana" Gr8 dinner and realized this recipe was one we would continue to serve.
To prepare Endive with Smoked Salmon you only need a few ingredients (and you don't have to turn the oven on!):
- smoked salmon
- EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- lemons (fresh lemon juice)
- garlic cloves
- salt & pepper
Other salmon recipes you will love!
- Slow Roast your salmon with this delicious glaze!
- Salmon Sliders
- Have you ever tried Salmon Hash?
- One of our favorite appetizers here at Gr8 is this easy smoked salmon dip!
We love salmon here at Great 8 Friends as a meal, in a salad or as an appetizer. We would love to know how you serve it! Let us know in the comments below!
Endive with Smoked Salmon Tapas
- 4 heads endive
- ¼ cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 small-ish garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper, white pepper is best if you have it
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- 4 Tablespoons chopped chives
- Cut the stem off the endives, wash the leaves, and set on a towel to dry.
- Cream the butter in a small bowl using an electric mixer.
- In a slow stream add the olive oil to the butter and continue to beat on high until the olive oil is incorporated and emulsified.
- Add the lemon juice and beat until well incorporated.
- Peel the garlic cloves and with a garlic press squeeze them into the butter mixture. Mix well.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings as needed.
- Put this into a plastic sandwich bag, seal and refrigerate while preparing the salmon.
- Cut the smoked salmon into ¼" pieces.
- Lay the dry endive leaves on your serving platter and fill the bottom of each with smoked salmon pieces.
- Remove the butter mixture from the refrigerator, snip off a tiny piece of the corner of the plastic bag and drizzle the mixture over the salmon in each leaf.
- Then top each one with the chopped chives.