What could be easier than throwing together a few simple ingredients into a slow cooker this holiday season to have the perfect side dish ready and waiting to be served? This is a no-brainer recipe for Slow Cooker Creamed Corn because you can start with these basic ingredients and adjust the flavor and texture to your liking.
Our family prefers the creamed corn to be more creamy than lumpy so I like to use an immersion blender at the beginning of the cooking process just to blend it up a bit and give it a nice creamy base. Blending releases more milk from the corn adding to the rich flavor of the Slow Cooker Creamed Corn. Fresh corn is always preferred but since it's December... frozen corn it is!
Just to let you know, some of the links on this page may be affiliate links, which means that Great Eight Friends will earn a small commission from purchases made through these links (this does not change your cost). These earnings help to support the cost of running this website. Thank you so much for your Gr8 support!
Most Loved Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
- 2-3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ stick of butter, (4 Tablespoons)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup milk,, whole or 2%
- ½ cup half and half
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds frozen petite white and golden corn kernels,, thawed (32 ounces)
- Grated fresh Parmesan cheese,, optional for topping
- In a medium sized saucepan, combine all ingredients except the corn and the Parmesan cheese.
- Cook on low heat until well blended.
- Stir in the corn. Mix well.
- If a creamier consistency is desired, use the immersion blender now to blend some of the lumps away.
- Pour all ingredients into a 3 ½ - 6 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally, until thickened and bubbly.
- Serve and enjoy!