This Mango Papaya Salsa is wonderful served on grilled fish, try it on veggie burgers or serve it as an appetizer with chips.
This Mango Papaya Salsa is wonderful served on grilled fish, try it on veggie burgers or serve it as an dip with chips. It has the fresh, sweet juiciness of the fruit and a little heat from the jalapeño...perfection!
If you're having a few friends over and grilling fish or chicken, this salsa is a Gr8 addition to the table. It's wonderful on fish tacos, too!
You can also serve it as an appetizer with chips. It's so easy to make!
How to Make a Salsa
Salsa is really easier to make than you may think. And there is no limit to the flavor combinations you can create.
Most important in any cooking or baking is to have the best ingredients. Choose fruit that gives slightly to the touch, it will slice easier and have more juice and flavor.
Peel, seed, and chop all of the fruits and mix them together in a medium bowl.
Then make the dressing by whisking together the apple cider vinegar, honey, and lemon juice. Or, place the ingredients in a shaker and shake, shake, shake!
Add this dressing to the fruits and mix well.
And that's it! For the optimum flavor profile, make this salsa early in the day, at least 4 hours ahead of serving. This allows all the juices to marry and makes it even yummier!
We Love Salsas and Sauces!
Please leave a rating!
Mango Papaya Salsa
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 ripe papaya, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Combine tomatoes, papaya, mango and jalapeño together in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar, honey and lemon juice until well combined.
- Toss the dressing into the fruit mixture.
Be a Gr8 Friend and tell us what you think!