I make this Pomegranate Avocado Salsa every Christmas. The colors remind me of the season and it always looks festive on our appetizer table!
This Pomegranate Avocado Salsa is my favorite appetizer to make during the Christmas season. I was inspired by a recipe I saw many years ago in Cooking Light magazine, and it has been my "go to" since.
I like to add a more "healthy" snack when serving appetizers and this is always a hit!
My first attraction was the colors of all the ingredients and how I thought together they would make an attractive and colorful addition to any table!
And I knew the flavors together would be a Gr8 combo.
The first time I see PACKAGED pomegranate seeds in the store (yep, I'm a bit lazy), I think of this salsa appetizer especially because it is super easy to throw together. If you can't find the seeds, it's also not difficult to seed the fruit yourself.
This is a real crowd pleaser! Don't leave anything out ~ all the bright and fresh flavors come together so perfectly. Enjoy!
Enjoy other Gr8 salsas!
Edited from the original publication on December 20, 2016.
Please leave a rating!
Pomegranate Avocado Salsa
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 ½ cups cut clementines, about 6 clementines, peeled and cut into small chunks
- ⅓ cup diced green, yellow, or red bell pepper
- ⅓ cup diced red onion
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded and diced
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin seeds, toasted (see Gr8 Tip below)
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ - 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Pomegranate Avocado Salsa
- Combine all ingredients above and gently combine with a rubber spatula and serve with tortilla chips!
- It is easy to find packaged pomegranate seeds if you don’t want to seed the pomegranate.
- To toast the cumin seeds, put them in a small skillet on medium-high heat and cook while shaking the skillet back and forth for about 1 - 2 minutes until you notice they are turning a golden brown. Let them cool before adding to the dip.
- If you can’t find clementines, tangerines can be used.
- When pomegranates are not in season, try substituting with mangos.
Gr8 Do-Ahead Tips:
- You can make the salsa, minus the avocado mixture, a day ahead. Drain some of the juice and then add the avocado right before serving.
Let us know if you and your family enjoyed it! Merry Christmas and Happy 2017 to you and yours!
Pretty and Yummy and the colors of the season! Merry Christmas Lon!
Very pretty salsa and sounds delicious!!
Yum!!! Definitely adding this to my list of appetizers for Christmas Eve with all the family!!
Merry Christmas Great Eight!!! XO
Yeah! Let us know how she liked it.
Just shared with a friend and she is making it, for sure, for family Christmas dinner. Yeah!!