Raise the ordinary carrot to the extraordinary with this Honey Glazed Carrots recipe. Your entree will be uplifted and your guests will be happy! This is simple, quick and delicious, what could be better for entertaining?
The carrot. A vegetable that is considered healthful for its vitamin content but not especially glamorous as a gourmet addition to a main dish. Fresh or cooked carrots have always been a staple at our home. Especially the fresh ones with the green leafy tops. They allowed our boys to impersonate Bugs Bunny! They were often served fresh and peeled straight from the fridge or as a last-minute side dish.
This Honey Glazed Carrots recipe takes the humble carrot to a new level. The honey and butter add a sweet dimension and the pepper, parsley and salt counter balance that with a bit of savory.
This is a colorful, crunchy vegetable side dish that will add a healthy sweet dimension to any meal.
These are the perfect accompaniment to my Baked Chicken Scallopini with Mushrooms recipe.
Other Vegetable Side Dishes
Need some ideas for other delicious veggie side dishes? We've got you covered!
- Asparagus Carrot Bouquet
- Green Beans and Onions
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Gulliver's Creamed Corn
- Broccoli Rabe
Honey Glazed Carrots
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds fresh carrots, peeled and cut into 1" diagonal slices
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons honey, or good quality maple syrup
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- parsley, chopped for garnish
- Place carrots in a medium sauce pan and cover with water.
- Add salt, bring to boil and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Drain the carrots and add back to the pan.
- Add butter, honey (or syrup) and heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.