Many nights of the week I’m cooking for 5. So, after a long day, it’s always good to have easy, tasty and satisfying recipes. This is one of those dishes that I quickly found on myrecipes.com. What makes it easy is using vacuum-packed gnocchi and sometimes I've even used frozen shrimp, both from Trader Joe's. If you are in a real hurry, use jarred pesto. Serve with a salad (maybe this one), Anna's Broccoli Rabe and some hot crusty bread -Enjoy!
Print Recipe Pin Recipe Save this RecipeSaved!
Please leave a rating!
Gnocchi with Shrimp, Asparagus, and Pesto
Recipe adapted from myrecipes.com
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 quarts water
- 1 16 ounce package of gnocchi
- 1 pound large shrimp,, peeled and deveined and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 pound asparagus,, sliced into bite sized pieces
- 1 recipe Basil Pesto,, see link to pesto in "Recipe Notes" or use your favorite jarred pesto sauce
- Bring water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the gnocchi and cook until done (just a few minutes - the pasta will rise to the top of the water when it is done.)
- As the gnocchi is done, remove it from the hot water with a slotted spoon and place in a large bowl.
- Add the asparagus and the shrimp to the boiling water and cook for about 5 minutes or until the shrimp is done.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the asparagus and shrimp from the water and add it to the bowl of gnocchi.
- Add pesto a bit at a time to end up with the strength of flavor that you like.
Click here for the Basil Pesto Recipe. Pesto can be made ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator.
Gr8 Do-Ahead Tip:This dish can sit for about an hour and be re-heated on the stove top for serving. I add a few Tablespoons of the water that the shrimp and asparagus is boiled in to keep the dish from drying out. In my house everyone gets home at different times, so it's best to have something like this ready to go!
Tried this recipe?Mention @Great8Friends or tag #gr8food!
Recipe adapted from myrecipes.com.
Be a Gr8 Friend and tell us what you think!