Want to get a little fancy? This appetizer is just the ticket! My good friends at Entertaining Events served this Smoked Salmon Layered Dip at a recent party and boy was it a hit! I immediately knew that I needed the recipe.
Best of all, it is very easy to prepare and makes an elegant presentation. All the ingredients (except for the sauce) can be layered the morning of your event. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. When the time comes, just drizzle the sauce over the assembled appetizer and serve with simple crackers. This is best served at room temperature.
Smoked Salmon Layered Dip with Wasabi Sauce
- 8 oz wild smoked salmon,, cut in pieces (I use Trader Joe’s)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2-3 hard boiled eggs,, grated
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/4 cup fresh dill,, chopped
- 1/3 cup wasabi mayonnaise, (from Trader Joe's)
- 1/2 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 lemon,, juiced
- On a tray or plate layer first the salmon.
- Then layer the onion on top of the salmon.
- Next add the hard boiled eggs, capers, and dill.
- Mix 3 sauce ingredients together.
- Put the sauce in a pastry bag or plastic baggie with tip cut off and drizzle over the top of the layered salmon.
- Serve with crackers.
Gr8 Make-Ahead Tip:
- This appetizer can be prepared in the morning and served later in the day. Layer all the ingredients as instructed above, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Drizzle the sauce on top right before serving.