This Smoked Salmon Layered Dip may sound fancy, but it's an easy and delicious appetizer, almost everyone loves it! Since it's make ahead, it's Gr8 for a party. This is also a perfect brunch dish.
Want to get a little fancy? This appetizer is just the ticket! My good friends at Entertaining Events served this Smoked Salmon Layered Dip at a recent party and boy was it a hit!
I immediately knew that I needed the recipe. Best of all, it is very easy to prepare and makes an elegant presentation.
All the ingredients (except for the sauce) can be layered the morning of your event. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
When the time comes, just drizzle the sauce over the assembled Salmon Layered Dip and serve with simple crackers or crostini. This is best served at room temperature.
How to Easily Drizzle the Sauce
If you have disposable pastry bags, that is a good choice. But, not to worry if you don't!
Simply take a small plastic bag and put the sauce in. Seal the bag, letting out as much air as possible.
Carefully snip a very small bit off of one corner of the bag and, voilà! you can easily squirt the sauce onto the salmon... in a drizzle!
If the bit you snipped is too small, just snip a bit more. You can't cut less, so it's best to snip on the conservative side!
More Seafood Appetizers!
- Endive Stuffed with Salmon
- California Roll - Homemade!
- Crowd Fave Crab Dip
- Ahi Poke
- Shrimp Cocktail with a Twist
- Tasty Crab Cakes
This post contains affiliate links, which means we may make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click on the link and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Smoked Salmon Layered Dip with Wasabi Sauce
- 8 oz wild smoked salmon, cut in pieces
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 2-3 hard boiled eggs, grated
- ¼ cup capers
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
- ⅓ cup wasabi mayonnaise
- ½ Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ lemon, juiced
- On a tray or plate layer first the salmon.
- Then layer the onion on top of the salmon.
- Next add the hard boiled eggs, capers, and dill.
- Mix 3 sauce ingredients together.
- Put the sauce in a pastry bag or plastic baggie with tip cut off and drizzle over the top of the layered salmon.
- Serve with crackers.
Gr8 Make-Ahead Tip:
- This appetizer can be prepared in the morning and served later in the day. Layer all the ingredients as instructed above, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Drizzle the sauce on top right before serving.