These Caramel Chocolate Chip Brownies are the bomb! Our family has been making them for many many years because they are so unbelievably sweet, chewy, chocolatey, and gooey! And so easy to make (yes, only 6 ingredients!).
They are the perfect addition for your next picnic or the ideal dessert for your next gathering. Here they are right out of the oven.
My kids have always helped make them. Their job was to unwrap the caramels. Buy extra, a few will disappear while unwrapping! Although I have always used the Kraft® Caramels, my guess is that you could use a good jarred caramel sauce and why not sprinkle some sea salt on the caramel and, violà, you will have salted caramel brownies! The way Perry, Wes, and Jack loved them was slightly warmed in the microwave and topped with vanilla ice-cream. I mean really, we must keep our dentists in business, right? You're welcome Doc!
Grab a tall glass of cold milk and Enjoy!
Caramel Chocolate Chip Brownies
- 50 Kraft® Caramels, approx. 14 ounces, each un wrapped
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk, divided
- 1 box German Chocolate Cake mix
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour a 13″ x 9″ pan.
- Melt the caramels with ⅓ cup of the milk in a double boiler or the microwave.
- Mix the cake mix with the butter, remaining ⅓ cup of milk, and the nuts.
- Using only ½ of the cake mix dough, pat down with your fingers to fill the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 6 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips onto the hot layer of brownie.
- Proceed with spreading the caramel sauce on top of the chocolate chips.
- Crumble the remaining dough on top of the caramel sauce.
- Bake 16 – 18 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes or until cool.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least ½ hour.
- Cut into small servings.