These cambozola sliders (small hamburgers) make a perfect appetizer size serving or meal! The addition of cheese and bacon jam gives these burgers an "out of this world" flavor!
I make these Cambozola Sliders with Bacon Jam several times in the summer.
Make the Bacon Jam up to a month in advance! Who doesn't love bacon, especially on a burger?!
Making these burgers for a summer party or a family meal is so easy. I love that I can prepare the ingredients ahead of time and once the burgers come off he grill we are ready to devour them!
Of course the burgers can be made as a normal sized hamburger but the sliders are fun to eat and the perfect size for small appetites.
The Cambozola cheese, a combination of a French soft-ripened triple cream cheese and Italian Gorgonzola, melts easily and gives these burgers a wonderfully delicious flavor!
Along with the bacon jam, tomatoes and arugula, this cheese is all you need; don’t set the table with any ketchup, mustard or mayo. You won’t need them! Enjoy!
Try these homemade hamburger buns for a real treat!
Perfect side dishes with the Cambozola Sliders:
Cambozola Sliders Bacon Jam
Recipe adapted from Caroline Cazaumayou.Makes about 16 regular sized hamburgers and about 32 (2 ounce each) sliders.
- 4 pounds ground beef, recommend using 20% fat/80% beef proportion
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 6 Tablespoons evaporated milk
- 20 slices Cambozola cheese from 1 1/2 wedges
- 20 slider size hamburger buns
- 20 tomato slices
- 1 1/2 pounds sliced bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces (can use thick sliced bacon)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped red onion, if you do not have shallots, use 2 cups of red onion
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 2 Tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- In a large bowl, mix together the beef, eggs, Worcestershire, soy sauce, garlic powder, horseradish, bread crumbs and evaporated milk.
- Shape into 20 small patties (slightly larger than the bun size) and refrigerate until ready to grill. These can be prepared several hours prior to grilling. Bring the patties to room temperature before grilling.
- Lightly oil the grill grate and cook the patties over medium heat for about 5 minutes per side.
- Place a slice of cheese on each burger and cook for another minute or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with bacon jam, tomato slices and arugula on the buns.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon in two batches until crisp. Once cooked, remove bacon to paper towels to drain and set aside. Discard the fat reserving 2 Tablespoons in the skillet.
- Add the shallots and red onion and cook until soft and caramelized.
- Add the garlic and cook 2 minutes.
- Add the chili powder, smoked paprika and cumin and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add the bourbon and honey or syrup. Return to heat and bring to a boil.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, and water and return to a boil.
- Add the reserved bacon and cook for 10 minutes or until thick.
- Remove from the heat and cool. (Although we like to leave it chunky, after the jam is cool, you can transfer it to a food processor if you desire a smoother jam.)
- Transfer to a jar and keep refrigerated.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
- It is easier to cut the Cambozola cheese when it is cold. You can leave the rind on or cut it off when slicing.
- Bacon Jam can be mixed into burger recipe above or served on top of the grilled burgers.
- If you have a Trader Joe’s near you, most of the ingredients for the burgers and the jam can be found there.