S'mores Pie with only 4 ingredients and no cooking is the easiest summertime dessert for a gaggle of kids (or grown-ups!) when there's no campfire handy. Or maybe it's raining!
If you're a Gr8 Friend who regularly visits, you know that some of our recipes are fairly simple and some are complicated. Well, this S'Mores Pie might be the easiest of all.
There's really nothing "homemade" about this. It's all store bought and then just put together. Because sometimes, that's all we can manage, right?
How to Make S'Mores Pie Filling
This S'Mores Pie filling is basically just chocolate pudding. You can make your own recipe of homemade pudding if you like, or you can make a silky chocolate ganache using 2 parts cream to 1 part chocolate.
Or, you can use an instant chocolate pudding mix, which is what I chose, just to make it super simple.
Once the pudding is made, dump it into your pre-made graham cracker crust. Again, feel free to make the crust yourself, if you prefer. I'm using my dad's KISS method today, Keep It Simple, Sister.
This post contains affiliate links, which means we may make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click on the link and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Refrigerate for an hour or so. When ready, pile the marshmallows on top and torch with a butane cooking torch.
If you don't have one, feel free to put the pie under the broiler for a few seconds. WATCH IT CAREFULLY! The sugar in the marshmallows can quickly start a fire.
The timing will depend on your particular broiler. Which is why I prefer the torch, more control.
If you enjoy this treat, please let us know in the comments and also leave a star rating below on the recipe card. Thank you for being a Gr8 Friend!
More Pie Recipes
4 Ingredient S'Mores Pie
- 1 box instant chocolate pudding
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- ½ bag miniature marshmallows
- Make the pudding according to package directions. (These should be just to add the pudding to 2 cups of milk and mix.)
- Pour the pudding into the graham cracker crust.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to one day.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the mini marshmallows over the top of the pie so the chocolate is covered.
- Using a butane cooking torch, toast the marshmallows until they are golden brown.
- Slice and serve! If you run your sharp knife under very hot water, it will be easier to cut the pie.
Alternative Browning Method
- You can use your broiler to brown the marshmallows. If you do this, you need to keep your eyes on them. Every broiler is different, so I can't tell you how long it will take. And because of the high sugar content of marshmallows, they can burst into flame very quickly. Which is why I like to use a butane torch, it gives me more control.