Unlike the traditional potato salad with yellow mustard, pickle, and hard-boiled egg, this gluten free potato salad with fresh dill includes dijon and whole-grain mustards, buttermilk, and yes, one of my favorite herbs, dill! It is a bit of a different combination of flavors but every time I make it, I receive raving reviews!
It is even a hit with those folks who say they don't like potato salad. The addition of dill gives it a fresh flavor. After making the dressing, only add as much as you would like. Combining the warm dressing with the warm potatoes helps them to absorb the dressing and flavors. Sometimes I add all of it and sometimes I want it with less dressing. Let's be honest, you can't miss when serving a recipe from Ina Garten!
Go ahead and make this perfect side dish ahead of time, even the day before. This gives time for the flavors of the potato salad with fresh dill to combine and fully develop together. A perfect addition to any weeknight meal, picnic, party, holiday, or any entertaining gathering! Enjoy!
Other Gr8 Potato Side Dishes!
- One of our Gr8 fan favorites is our Warm Spinach Potato Salad with Bacon Vinaigrette!
- Have you ever tried Dirty Potatoes? Gr8 flavor!
- Always good to have a Roasted Potato recipe!
- Your family and friends will love this potato gratin!
- What, Caramelized Potatoes? Delicious! Check out the ingredients!
Potato Salad with Fresh Dill
- 3 pounds small potatoes, small red or small yukon gold
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- ½ cup chopped fresh dill
- freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- To cook the potatoes place the unpeeled potatoes in a large pot of water, add 2 Tablespoons of salt and bring to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, turn the heat down. Simmer the potatoes for about 15 to 20 minutes. Check to make sure the potatoes are done before draining in a colander.
- While the potatoes are cooking, make the dressing by whisking together the mayonnaise, buttermilk, mustards and dill.
- Cut the potatoes in quarters or in half.
- Place the cut potatoes in a large bowl.
- While the potatoes are still warm, pour enough dressing over them to moisten.
- Add the celery, red onion and salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently toss to make sure all ingredients are combined well. Cover and refrigerate. If you have the time, let the salad sit in the frig before serving as the flavors will all blend together.
- Serve cold or at room temperature and Enjoy!