BBQ beans are a flavorful necessity for any outdoor summer gathering. They are a natural complement to any barbecued meat. These delicious Texas Slow Cooker BBQ Baked Beans require little effort and yield lots of flavor. Many baked bean recipes require canned pork and beans; however I prefer to use canned pinto and kidney beans. Best of all, not only do these baked beans transport well, but they stay hot in the same pot they were cooked in.
Just to let you know, some of the links on this page may be affiliate links, which means that Great Eight Friends will earn a small commission from purchases made through these links (this does not change your cost). These earnings help to support the cost of running this website. Thank you so much for your Gr8 support!
Texas Slow Cooker BBQ Baked Beans
- 2 thick slices bacon, diced
- 1 onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 15-ounce cans pinto beans, drained
- 2 15-ounce cans red kidney beans, drained OR 1-pound bag dried pinto or kidney beans (see directions below)
- 1 11.2-ounce bottle Guinness Stout
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon instant coffee
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a large skillet, fry the bacon until brown.
- Remove the bacon from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion and green pepper to the bacon drippings and cook for a few minutes until tender.
- Add the bacon, beer, BBQ sauce, ketchup, mustard, coffee and salt. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Add all ingredients to a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or until thickened.