These delicious Texas Slow Cooker BBQ Baked Beans require little effort and yield lots of flavor.
BBQ beans are a flavorful necessity for any outdoor summer gathering. They are a natural complement to barbecued meat.
Many baked bean recipes require canned pork and beans; however I prefer to use canned pinto and kidney beans.
Best of all, not only do these baked beans transport well, but they stay hot in the same pot they were cooked in.
Make a meal of it! Try these delicious beans with our barbecued ribs and kale slaw! A gr8 trio!
Print Recipe Pin Recipe Save this RecipeSaved!
Please leave a rating!
Texas Slow Cooker BBQ Baked Beans
Recipe adapted from local caterer and chef Caroline Cazaumayou.These delicious Texas Slow Cooker BBQ Baked Beans require little effort and yield lots of flavor. Make them and take them or just make them and eat them!
- 2 thick slices bacon, diced
- 1 onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 15-ounce cans pinto beans, drained
- 2 15-ounce cans red kidney beans, drained OR 1-pound bag dried pinto or kidney beans (see directions below)
- 1 11.2-ounce bottle Guinness Stout
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¾ teaspoon instant coffee
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- In a large skillet, fry the bacon until brown.
- Remove the bacon from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion and green pepper to the bacon drippings and cook for a few minutes until tender.
- Add the bacon, beer, BBQ sauce, ketchup, mustard, coffee and salt. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Add all ingredients to a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or until thickened.
- When cooking in a slow cooker, use a slow cooker liner for easy cleanup!
- Apple juice or beef stock can be substituted for the beer.
- Here is our Gr8 BBQ Sauce Recipe...try it, it's delicious!
Tried this recipe?Mention @Great8Friends or tag #gr8food!
Be a Gr8 Friend and tell us what you think!