This delicious refreshing Kale Slaw with Lemon Aioli will be a hit at any meal. Serve it with burgers, fish, ribs or chicken, the possibilities are endless!
I love this Kale Slaw with Lemon Aioli and I just know you will too! It's a classic cabbage slaw that incorporates kale. The hearty taste the kale gives to the salad is a wonderful surprise.
The dressing for the kale slaw is a light addition holding all the flavors and vegetables together. Pretty sure if you don't normally like coleslaw, you will enjoy this wonderful healthy cabbage and kale slaw!
How to make Kale Slaw Salad:
- Gather all the ingredients. There aren't many!
- Remove the thick stems from the kale leaves by cutting out with the tip of a pointed knife.
- Tear the kale into small pieces and massage. Yes, that is what I said, massage the kale😀! It breaks it down giving it a softer texture and some say makes it easier to digest.
- Shred the cabbage and grate the carrots and add them to the bowl with the kale. Whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Add the dressing to the kale slaw and enjoy!
What to serve with Kale Slaw?
- Crust your fish with macadamia nuts. Delicious!
- Take this kale slaw with oven fried chicken to your next picnic!
- Include at your backyard bbq with grilled burgers!
- Perfect with tuna burgers!
- Have you tried our ribs? If not, now's the time!
This recipe is measured to feed quite a few folks. It is easy to cut in half if you are feeding less people.
I like to make it at least an hour before serving and keep in the fridge. If you do this, keep a bit of dressing aside and add it right before serving.
Kale Slaw with Lemon Aioli
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 small carrots, shredded
- 1 small head green cabbage, shredded
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale, stemmed and leaves shredded and massaged
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk the first 6 ingredients together to make the dressing.
- Remove the thick stems from the kale leaves and shred the leaves and place into a large bowl.
- Massage the shredded kale by squeezing it several times in your palms. This breaks it down which makes it easier to digest. So give your kale a good massage and your tummy will be grateful.
- Shred the carrots and cabbage and add to the bowl with the kale.
- Add the dressing to the bowl of vegetables and toss well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- The recipe can be easily cut in half for a smaller group.
- The texture and flavor of this slaw is best served the same day but can be kept in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
- If you prepare it a couple of hours ahead of time, keep it in the fridge until time to serve. I sometimes will keep a bit of the dressing aside and add to the salad right before serving.
This post contains affiliate links which means Great Eight Friends may earn a small commission if you click on the link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.