This Roasted Shrimp Cocktail served with a delicious sauce made from basic ingredients in your refrigerator is a real crowd pleaser!
This crowd pleaser appetizer is one that I serve most often and is from one of my favorite cookbooks, Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics. So of course I had to serve it at my Gr8 Dinner themed "Celebrating Ina The Barefoot Contessa."
Instead of boiling the shrimp, I love that the shrimp is roasted with a little bit of olive oil and seasoning. So easy!
This roasted shrimp recipe calls for 2 pounds of shrimp but make as much as you want because using basic ingredients and the recipe below and you'll have extra cocktail sauce.
Often I will buy a bag of frozen shrimp from Costco or Trader Joe's and thaw it in the fridge overnight. I also make the sauce the day before or earlier in the day so when time to serve the shrimp it is quick and easy to pull together!
Definitely one of my "go to" appetizers because it is so easy and everyone loves it. Perfect for the holidays or for anytime.
I promise you won't be disappointed and neither will your family and guests! Enjoy!
Once again, no leftovers!
Please leave a rating!
Roasted Shrimp Cocktail
- 2 pounds raw shrimp, with tail, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup Heinz® chili sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- 3 Tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place shrimp a baking sheet pan, toss with the olive oil, salt, and pepper, and spread them in one layer.
- Roast for 8 to 10 minutes, just until pink and firm and cooked through.
- Set aside to cool.
- Combine the chili sauce, ketchup, horseradish, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and Tabasco.
- Serve as a dip with the shrimp.
Gr8 Do-Ahead Tip:The cocktail sauce can be made up to a week ahead of time and kept in a sealed jar in the refrigerator.
- I have purchased a bag of frozen raw shrimp already deveined and peeled. Thaw according to package instructions before roasting.
- This cocktail sauce will also be delicious with shrimp grilled on the barbecue for those outdoor gatherings.