Don't you just love summers at the grill? Family and friends gathered around, sharing stories about the ball game that day, the work week ahead and hopefully an upcoming summer vacation! The lingering daylight and the warm evenings keep you outside later than usual, soaking it all in!
I can't think of anything better than fresh swordfish straight off the grates and slathered with a cucumber mint "salsa." Loaded with flavor, the salsa gives your dish that "straight from the garden" flavor. In a matter of minutes, this Mediterranean main will be on your table.
I knew it was a successful dish when my 23 year old daughter said, "Great dinner, Mom!" Yes, success! Served with an arugula salad and a warm crusty loaf, this might just be your favorite summer meal. The combination of the cucumbers and mint gives the swordfish a freshness that makes you wish you made a little extra! Don't forget a glass of a crisp, chilled white wine! With the aromas whirling through the summer air, you'll have everyone waiting for the dinner bell to ring! Oh the joys of outdoor grilling!
Grilled Swordfish with Mint Cucumber Salsa
- ¾ cup peeled, seeded, diced cucumber
- 6 Tablespoons chopped red onion
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 ½ teaspoons olive oil,, divided
- 1 ½ teaspoons sugar
- 2 6-7 ounce swordfish steaks,, about 1 inch thick
- In a medium bowl, combine the diced cucumber, chopped onion and mint.
- Whisk together the vinegar, 1-½ teaspoons of the olive oil and sugar in a separate cup or bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add dressing to the chopped vegetables, and mix well.
- Heat grill to medium heat. Alternatively, preheat broiler.
- Brush swordfish with remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Grill (or broil) swordfish until opaque in the center, depending on thickness, about 4- 5 minutes per side.
- To serve, place swordfish on individual plates and top with cucumber mint salsa.
Gr8 Make-Ahead Tip:Salsa can be made 2 hours ahead and kept at room temperature.