Much of the cuisine of Mexico is fresh, grilled food: meats and fish and vegetables. Try these Simple Grilled Fish Tacos and enjoy a healthy dinner.
When we think of Mexican cooking sometimes we think of heavy cheese dishes. In actuality, much of the cuisine of Mexico is fresh, grilled food: meats and fish and vegetables.
I typically use cod for these simple grilled fish tacos. Other fish like halibut, mahi mahi, tilapia or snapper would also be good.
The marinade of olive oil, garlic and lime juice is just the perfect addition of flavor! Some people like the fish breaded or fried but I prefer it grilled!
Probably one of the simplest meals you can prepare! I usually try to buy a filet that is not too thick so the fish will cook quickly.
Even if you don't have the toppings we suggest, add some fresh vegetables or jarred salsa. I've even grilled the fish on the kitchen grill pan and added the fish to the top of a salad.
Grilled food generally means healthy food. So throw some fish on the grill, mix up a couple batches of salsa, open the bag of chips and invite some friends to join you!
This can be a simple lunch or dinner and your guests can assemble their own tacos!
Simple Accompaniments for Fish Tacos:
- Delicious Corn Relish
- Like Fruit? Then you will love this Mango Relish
- or this Mango Papaya Salsa
- Super Easy to make at home Salsa Verde
- Also easy to prepare is Salsa Fresca
- And.....Impress your guests and make homemade Tortillas!
Please leave a rating!
Simple Grilled Fish Tacos
- Vegetable oil , for grill
- 1-2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1-2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 ¼ - 1 ½ pounds of skinless boneless firm white-fleshed fish fillet , (I used Cod) (about 1” thick)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Corn or flour tortillas, warmed or lightly toasted
- In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, garlic and lime juice.
- Add the fish to the bowl and turn once in the olive oil to coat and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Remove the fish from the marinade and let excess drip off. Season with salt and pepper and grill about 6 minutes on each side until the flesh is opaque throughout.
- With a fork, break the fish into large pieces and serve with tortillas and Mango or Corn Relish.
Be a Gr8 Friend and tell us what you think!