If you're looking for an easy potato side dish, then you've come to the right place! This 3 ingredient Steamed Parsley New Potatoes recipe is perfect to serve as an accompaniment to just about any main course. And it's healthy!
Some new potatoes, extra-virgin olive oil and chopped parsley and you have a delicious and pretty side dish. And don't forget the salt and pepper! Be sure to use your tastiest, freshest extra-virgin olive oil. Since the oil doesn't get cooked, the flavor really shines through.
If you can find the really small potatoes, you don't even need to cut them. Once you've cleaned the spuds, just throw them in the steamer basket with a small amount of water in the pan, cover the pan, heat it to a boil, then let simmer for 10 to 20 minutes, until the potatoes are fork tender. The timing will depend on the size of the potatoes.
Easy Steamed Parsley New Potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds very small new potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon good extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Clean the potatoes. If you were able to find the small ones, you won't have to cut them. Otherwise, cut the potatoes into fourths or halves, depending on their size.
- Place your steamer basket in a medium saucepan. Add water until just below the bottom of the steamer basket. You don't want the water touching the potatoes.
- Put the potatoes onto the steamer basket, cover the pan and place over high heat on your stovetop.
- When the water is boiling, turn down to medium-low heat and simmer for 10 to 20 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes. They are done when they can be pierced easily with a fork.
- Carefully uncover the pot and spoon the hot potatoes into your serving dish. Immediately add the oil and toss until all the potatoes are coated.
- Then sprinkle with the salt and parsley while tossing to distribute evenly.
- Taste and add salt or parsley if you feel more is necessary. And if you want to add pepper to your liking, now is the time.
- Serve hot!