Chili Lime Sweet Potato Fries done in the air fryer make the perfect snack or side dish. These spicy salty sweet potato rounds are healthy, too!
So, I finally got an air fryer.
New gadgets never come into my kitchen immediately because I'm of the school that you can always figure out how to do something with another kitchen appliance.
Plus, my kitchen doesn't have unlimited space so I hesitate to add another big appliance.
However, my mom gave me a new Cuisinart toaster oven for my birthday and it does EVERYTHING, including air fry! And the area to put the food seems larger than a normal air fryer.
How to Make Chili Lime Sweet Potato Fries
These are really super easy to make, and no messy frying! Simply peel and slice the sweet potatoes.
I like to make rounds, ¼" thick. But feel free to cut the sweet potatoes into sticks, if you prefer.
Then mix up the lime juice and olive oil. You can whisk it together to get it to emulsify. Or, the easiest method is to put it into a jar or dressing shaker and shake it, baby!
Pour this over the potatoes and toss. I like to use my hands to make sure every surface is covered.
Then toss with the spices... see, easy-peasy! This recipe is also Gr8 to cut in half if you just want a small snack.
Please leave a rating!
Air Fryer Chili Lime Sweet Potato Fries
- Air fryer or regular oven
- 1 ½ pounds sweet potatoes, about 3 medium
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, ¼ teaspoon if you want less spice
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, less if you want less spice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons finely minced fresh Italian parsley
- Peel the sweet potatoes and slice crosswise into ¼" thick rounds. You can also make sticks, about ½" wide, if you prefer. Then place into a medium bowl.
- Mix the oil and lime juice together either using a whisk until emulsified or, my preferred method, in a sealed jar. Place the oil and juice into a jar, seal and shake vigorously; this emulsifies the liquids quickly and thoroughly.
- Pour the oil and juice mixture over the sweet potatoes and toss until the potatoes are well coated. I like to use my hands for this to make sure every surface is covered.
- In a small bowl mix together the garlic powder, chili powder, black pepper and cayenne.
- Pour these spices over the potatoes and mix throughly. Again, I use my hands. But by all means use a wooden spoon if you prefer.
To cook in your air fryer:
- Place some of the slices into your air fryer. I lay them out so they aren't overlapping.
- Set the temperature to 400° F and the timer for 15 minutes and cook.
- When done, remove the slices and replace with more slices. You should be able to finish in 3 times.
To cook in your oven:
- (Adding instructions, but these are MUCH better in the air fryer.)
- Heat your oven to 450° F. If you have a convection oven, I recommend using that.
- Cover a large baking pan or cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay the slices on the pan and cook for 25 to 30 minutes. Turn the potatoes over halfway through cooking. The time will depend a lot upon your individual oven. I advise checking them at 20 minutes.
Finishing the dish:
- When the sweet potatoes are cooked, sprinkle both sides with the sea salt and parsley to your taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
You will be so happy you did! Have a Gr8 Day!
I love sweet potato fries and these look amazing! I will definitely give your recipe a try.