Key Lime Pie is a simple recipe with delicious results. Make this and amaze your friends and family. The tangy tarty limey-ness is refreshing.
When those hot summer days call for light and refreshing desserts, this Key Lime Pie is just the one that fits the bill!
The simple graham cracker crust and the tart, but not too sweet filling will take your tastebuds to Cuba...or maybe closer to home...Miami!
The Great 8 tradition goes like this: whichever couple hosted the previous Great 8 dinner, is the one who brings dessert to the next one.
It’s still up to the upcoming hosts to decide the dish. Knowing it was going to be me, I couldn’t wait to find out what Anna and Vince were going to ask Phil and me to bring.
Summer was the season of their dinner, so I had a feeling and hopes that it would be something refreshing!
This is the simple Key Lime Pie recipe that I made for their Great 8 Dinner, Hot Havana in Miami.
Many years ago at Christmas, Jurga gifted us each with a copy of the The Gourmet Cookbook; we call it the big yellow book.
If there is a dish you want to make, chances are it is in this book AND it will taste exactly how you expect it to taste.
Whether it's the heat of Havana that's got you craving this fresh citrus taste, or the need for a delicious homemade classic, this Key Lime Pie recipe will definitely do the trick!
Please leave a rating!
Key Lime Pie
- 1 ¼ cups graham cracker crumbs, from nine 4 ¾-by-2 ¼ inch crackers
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 6 Tablespoons fresh or bottled key lime juice, (preferably Manhattan brand)
- 1 ¾ cup heavy cream, very cold
Directions for Crust:
- With rack in middle of oven, preheat oven to 350° F.
- Butter a 9-inch pie pan or plate.
- In a medium bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter with a fork until thoroughly combined.
- Evenly press crust mixture onto bottom and up all sides of pie pan or plate.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Transfer pie plate to a rack. (Leave oven on)
Directions for Filling:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together condensed milk and egg yolks until well combined.
- Whisk in the key lime juice (mixture will thicken slightly).
- Pour the filling into prepared crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool pie completely on rack (filling will set completely as it cools).
- With pie covered, refrigerate, for at least 8 hours.
Directions for Topping (just before serving):
- In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the cream until it just holds stiff peaks...do not over beat or peaks will no longer peak!
- Spread pie with cream, decorated with dollops bordering edge or top each serving with a dollop.
One of my favorites! Tart and sweet ❤️