Homemade Irish Cream, no cooking required! We have the easy instructions to make this delicious recipe. It's Gr8 to serve to your holiday guests and also makes a lovely gift. Over 21 only, please!
Can you believe that it's possible to make homemade Irish Cream that has the taste and texture of everyone's favorite, Baileys®? You will be AMAZED at the results. The velvety smoothness and delicious flavor is beyond compare. In addition, this recipe is very simple!
How to Make Homemade Irish Cream
This is a no cooking required recipe! Just measure out the ingredients into your blender, blend and enjoy.
- Feel free to use any whiskey, because the alcohol is mixed with several ingredients, you do not need to use an expensive Irish whiskey to get the flavor profile.
- If you don't keep chocolate milk powder in your pantry, then chocolate syrup can be substituted.
- For flavor variety, use almond extract instead of the vanilla extract.
- And if you want a real twist, use raspberry liqueur instead of the coffee!
How Long Does Irish Cream Last?
Store-bought Bailey's can apparently last for years without refrigeration. However, since this recipe includes fresh half and half, it definitely needs to be refrigerated. It should last in a sealed container for about a week.
A Beautiful Homemade Gift
I have been making this delicious beverage for many years. It makes a perfect hostess or holiday gift and is especially fun to present in a unique bottle or crystal or glass carafe.
Whenever you're out shopping, check the clearance aisles for pretty bottles. Then fill them, add a bow, and you've got a beautiful gift.
And if you have any leftover, make this Irish Cream Fudge!
Homemade Irish Cream
- 1 pint half and half, (2 cups)
- 1 cup Irish whiskey
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 Tablespoon milk chocolate mix, see Gr8 Tip
- In a blender, combine all ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator.
- Shake container well before serving.
- Use an inexpensive whiskey instead of Irish whiskey.
- Add almond syrup or almond extract for extra flavor.
- Substitute chocolate syrup for milk chocolate mix.
- For Valentine's Day, omit the coffee flavor and add raspberry liqueur.