This One Two Three Margarita has literally 3 ingredients. That's all you need to make a fresh, delicious basic Margarita. Sometimes simple is best!
One Two Three Margarita, it's not a drinking chant, in this case it's the actual drink! With this recipe you'll always remember how to make a fresh, tasty, Margarita using only 3 ingredients, no mixes necessary!
The first time I ever had a Margarita made with fresh lime juice we were visiting some friends of ours who live on Nantucket (I know, we are very lucky!). One day I walked into the kitchen and there were lime carcasses everywhere. And Mike (one half of the 3rd couple in our group) was feverishly squeezing limes.
Well, those limes gave up their lives for some of the best Margaritas I've ever tasted. And of course I thought, "if he can do it, so can I"! So, I set about experimenting with different combinations of the ingredients for the basic drink. (hic!) That's how my One Two Three Margarita came to be. It's true that the freshest simplest ingredients often yield the best food and drink; and that's definitely the case with this concoction.
Whip up a batch of these One Two Three Margaritas and serve with some Guacamole and chips for a classic refreshing cocktail hour.
This is a basic recipe, feel free to add a bit of orange juice, or simple syrup, or maybe you want to muddle some jalapeño to spice it up!
One Two Three Margarita
- Kosher salt, in a saucer
- Lime slices, for the rim and as garnish
- Crushed ice
- 1 part freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 parts Triple Sec, or Cointreau or Grand Marnier
- 3 parts silver tequila
- Rub the rim of a 12-ounce glass with a slice of lime then dip the rim into the saucer.
- Fill the glass with crushed ice.
- In a separate container, mix together the lime juice, Triple Sec and tequila. Taste and add more lime juice if desired.
- Pour into your prepared glass and garnish with a slice of lime.
Gr8 Do Ahead Tip:A pitcher of these Margaritas can be mixed up early in the day and refrigerated until ready to serve.