Lemonade! Get your Fresh Lemonade! Got lemons? It's easier to make homemade Lemonade than you think with only three ingredients. This is a Gr8 recipe!
With summer fast approaching, let's get away from artificially sweetened drinks and return to the times of freshly squeezed lemonade.
How to Make Fresh Lemonade
"4-1-1, Please!" Making a pitcher of fresh lemonade is easy and truly refreshing. Just remember 4-1-1...
- 4 cups of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
This post contains affiliate links which means Great Eight Friends may earn a small commission if you click on the link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If you use super-fine sugar, the sugar will dissolve in the water faster. Pour the 1 cup of sugar into 1 cup of the water and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add the rest of the water and lemon juice, stir, and, voilà, you have fresh lemonade! Serve over ice then garnish with fresh lemon slices.
If you don't have super-fine sugar, you can make your own, by putting regular sugar into your food processor and giving it a few spins.
OR, make a simple syrup. Use one of the cups of water with the cup of sugar and heat on the stove until the sugar dissolves. Voilà! Simple Syrup!
Yes, this has a lot of sugar. So it's not something you'll want to drink every day, but if you have fresh lemons, it's Gr8 as a treat! And lemons do have some nutritional benefits.
Make a Lemonade Cocktail
If your kids are drinking homemade lemonade and you want something a little stronger, just add a shot to your glass, voilà, hard lemonade!
Simply fill the glass of your choice with ice, pour in a shot of vodka (or tequila!) then fill the glass with lemonade and garnish with a slice of lemon, or a mint sprig.
Slow down, make a pitcher, and invite a neighbor to sit on the front porch with you and sip this beautiful, refreshing drink.
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup super-fine sugar, or regular granulated sugar, give it a spin in a food processor and it will dissolve easier.
- 4 cups water, divided
For a Cocktail
- 1 shot vodka or tequila
- Mix the 1 cup of sugar with 1 cup of the water.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved. If you have the time, dissolve the sugar by heating the sugar and water in a saucepan over medium high heat, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved.
- Add the remaining 3 cups water and 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Stir to combine.
- Add ice.
- Sip, savor and enjoy!
- Fill a glass with ice, add a shot of vodka or tequila, and fill the glass with lemonade.