Simple. Delicious. Easy.. Three of my favorite words. This recipe is great served with any dish. Add your favorite vegetables (and YES, even fruit!) and you will have the perfect side dish. Enjoy!
Print Recipe Pin Recipe Save this RecipeSaved!
Please leave a rating!
Jurga's No-Fail Rice
- ¼ cup (½ stick) butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 large clove garlic,, minced
- 1 cup raw white rice
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- Melt butter in a 12″ frying pan over medium high heat.
- Sauté onion and garlic until translucent.
- Add rice and stir until just lightly golden, be careful not to overcook.
- Add chicken broth bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook 16 to 20 minutes, until tender.
Gr8 Tips:For a larger quantity, bake the rice in the oven. Prepare the rice as directed. Pour all ingredients into a baking dish or foil pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Cooking time may vary.
Gr8 Variations:Arroz Azafran (Saffron Rice): While the onion and garlic are cooking, in a separate pan bring ½ cup of the chicken stock to a boil. Turn the heat to simmer and add a couple strands of Saffron to dissolve. Add this during Step 4 with the remaining chicken stock. Pineapple Rice: Chop up half of a fresh Pineapple and sauté along with the onions and garlic. This gives a delicious, moist pineapple flavor. If you use canned pineapple, try substituting some of the juice for the chicken broth.
Tried this recipe?Mention @Great8Friends or tag #gr8food!
Be a Gr8 Friend and tell us what you think!