Instant Pot Chili with Beans is so easy and delicious. Serve with cornbread or make chili dogs or serve it over potatoes or rice. Delicious for any large gathering.
Chili is probably one of my favorite cold weather foods. Heck, put it on a hot dog in the summer and make it a year 'round favorite!
When I got my Instant Pot I knew I had to create an Instant Pot Chili recipe.
You can easily make any chili in your Instant Pot, but I love this one because I love fresh beans as opposed to canned and they will cook right with the chili in this recipe.
I love the texture the fresh beans add to the chili.
How to Serve Instant Pot Chili with Beans
My dad always crumbled simple saltines into his bowl of chili and that's still a favorite of mine. It takes me back to my childhood.
If I'm serving a big crowd, I like to provide baked potatoes and/or rice. This helps the chili stretch to serve more. And it's really yummy.
Also, making some cornbread with homemade honey butter (just honey + butter!) alongside is always a Gr8 idea!
And don't forget about chili dogs!
So, make this for your football get together, or make it to put on hot dogs at your next barbecue, or make it to feed your hungry, deserving family! But, please, just make it!
Oh, and let us know what you think by clicking on the star rating and/or telling us in the comment section below, please!
Please leave a rating!
Instant Pot Chili with Beans
- 5 slices smoked bacon
- 2 pounds lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups dried pinto beans soaked for at least 4 hours OR a 17-ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed, you can also use more beans, your choice
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- With the Instant Pot on the medium sauté setting, cook the bacon until the fat is rendered. Remove the bacon from the pot and drain on paper towels.
- If there is less than 1 ½ Tablespoons of bacon grease in the pot, add enough vegetable oil to equal 1 ½ Tablespoons. Turn the sauté function to high.
- Add ground meat and sauté until browned, stirring to break it up into crumbly pieces.
- Stir in the canned tomatoes, soaked beans (see note in ingredients), onion, green pepper, garlic, chili powder, cumin, cayenne, and salt. *If using canned beans, do NOT add them at this point.
- Select CANCEL to turn off sauté function. Secure the lid to the Instant Pot with the steam release on SEALING.
- Select the BEAN CHILI setting and set the time to 30 minutes.
- When the cooking is done, quick release the vent per the manufacturer's instructions.
- If you are using canned beans, once the pressure is released and the safety valve is down, open the lid and stir in the drained and rinsed beans. Immediately put the cover back on and let the beans heat in the hot chili for about 10 minutes to heat up. Stir and serve!
- If you like your chili soupier, add some hot water or beef broth.
Be a Gr8 Friend and tell us what you think!