Oh boy will you ever love the aromas coming from the kitchen when this Delicious Roasted Garlic and Roasted Garlic Dressing is in the oven and mixing up in the kitchen.
Who doesn’t love that deliciousness?! Your neighbors will come knocking, that’s for sure!
I smell something!
One evening, long ago (about 20+ years), Phil and I went out to dinner at an old favorite restaurant in Costa Mesa (no longer in business).
We ordered our own side dish of roasted garlic. Not just a few cloves. A WHOLE roasted garlic. Each! It was heaven!
Soft, caramelized…and so delicious, the golden jewels squeezed out of their “sleeves," spread on a piece of warm crusty bread and Oh My goodness! Ate the whole thing!
Well...the next day was the start of a big craft and gift trade show and I needed to be in the showroom by 9:00 am.
At the time I was working for Mrs. Grossman’s Paper Company…which I LOVED! Later that morning my friend said to me, “Debbie, what did you have for lunch?” “Lunch?” I asked. “I haven’t had lunch, it’s only 10:00”!
To which she replied, “Oh, right…hmmmm…I thought I smelled garlic!” At that point I thought to myself, “OMG the garlic I ate last night is still in my system and is coming out of my pores!” GREAT!
But boy was it worth it! And if it’s Halloween!, even better! The vampires will stay clear!
Needless to say, I grabbed quite a few mints and never did that again…well, I’ve ordered or made roasted garlic, but only when I’m planning on staying in the comfort of my own home for a few days!
It is the simplest recipe with just 4 ingredients! Are you lucky like we are to have an actual farm nearby?
We’ve got Manassero Farms, with all the produce sold right there on the property! It doesn’t get any more fresh than that!
If not, your favorite local market will have what you need for sure! If you love garlic, you will enjoy the deliciousness of roasted garlic!
Whether you spread a clove (or 2!) on some of Anna’s crusty French bread or add a few in the Creamy Roasted Garlic Dressing below, it adds the perfect flavor.
While the garlic is roasting, atleast you know your house will be free of vampires…what’s wrong with them? How can they not like garlic? We planned ahead just in case they decided to show up at our Budget Friendly Halloween Dinner Party! They’d definitely make a 360 right back out the door once the delicious aroma wafted in their direction!
Please leave a rating!
Roasted Garlic and Creamy Roasted Garlic Dressing
- 2 whole garlic heads
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Creamy Roasted Garlic Dressing
- 2 whole roasted heads of garlic, see recipe below
- olive oil
- 1 cup Sir Kensington’s Classic Mayonnaise, or your favorite mayonnaise
- ½ cup buttermilk, (see Gr8 Tip below)
- 2 ½ Tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 ¼ teaspoons celery salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Carefully cut ¼″ off the top of the garlic heads. Keeping husks on and garlic cloves intact.
- Place garlic in a small oven proof dish and drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil.
- Roll heads around to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover dish tightly with foil.
- Bake for 55 minutes to an hour, or until cloves are soft when squeezed.
Creamy Roasted Garlic Dressing
- Squeeze garlic out of the husk and into a bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Cover and chill.
- Add to your favorite salad.
Gr8 Do Ahead Tip:If choosing to make ahead, roast garlic as directed above. When completely cool, place in a covered plastic container until ready use.
Gr8 Tip:If you love buttermilk as much as we do, but don’t love that much of it goes to waste when buying it for a specific recipe, try powdered buttermilk. It’s a Gr8 solution! And, once the can is opened it can stay in your refrigerator for at least a year! Here is an article the New York Times did on powdered buttermilk.
Be a Gr8 Friend and tell us what you think!