Cheese Tartlets with Green Salad
- 2 cups coarsely grated Gruyère Cheese
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Prepare eight 4-inch tart pans by spraying with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in one bowl and mix well. (I use my hands.)
- Divide dough into 8 balls and press each ball of dough into one tart pan to cover the bottom and sides.
- Put a few holes in the bottom of the pastry with a fork.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until light golden brown.
- Cool and remove from pans onto salad plates
- 5 oz mixed salad greens
- 1 small head radicchio, washed and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/2 cup walnuts, lightly toasted
- Gruyère cheese shaved on top
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Toss together greens and radicchio in large salad bowl.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a jar or shaker and shake until combined.
- When you are ready to serve, pour the dressing over the salad and toss.
- Divide the salad among the 8 plates on top of the tartlet.
- Garnish with the shaved Gruyère and toasted walnuts
Gr8 Do-Ahead Tip:
The dressing can be made up to four days ahead of time and kept sealed at room temperature.
The tartlets can be made a day ahead of time. Be sure to keep in a tightly sealed container to maintain their crispness.