No empty nests here!
I love where I work and at Sizzix we love celebrating each other's birthdays! Party of 23...no problem! And that's just 2 departments! Hmm...what should I make? First I check with the birthday girl (or boys...there are only 3 "boys"!) Allergies? Past favorites? Likes? Dislikes? It's always a breakfast, so I need to come up with something that will serve a crowd, and it's got to be something I can prepare the night before and heat up that morning.
At Sizzix we spend the day crafting. On birthdays, I get to create in the kitchen for friends and in the art room for work, and for me that's fun! And coming up with something crafty in food is double the fun! Trying to find a recipe to feed the gang, I stumbled upon something that caught my eye! Savory AND creative too! Bingo! Perfect for my cute friend and amazing artist, Katelyn Lizardi's birthday, Breakfast Hash Brown Cups! Little nests of crispy hash browns filled with your favorite scrambled egg recipe...as easy as can be! Katelyn gave me the big thumbs up and everyone else did, too! Yay!
This is easy because you start with packaged hash browns and make the nests by just pressing them into a muffin tin!
Breakfast Hash Brown Cups
- 1 20 ounce pkg refrigerated hash browns,, (not frozen hash browns)
- Your favorite scrambled eggs recipe
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Lightly oil a muffin pan (preferably 12 cup) with vegetable oil.
- Evenly divide shredded potatoes between each cup and with your fingers, lightly press against the sides and bottom of each cup.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until crispy golden brown.
- Fill each "nest" with your family favorite scrambled egg recipe.
- Serve immediately.
Gr8 Make-Ahead Tip:
- Although best served the day they're made, you can store them already baked wrapped in foil in the refrigerator. The next day, reheat them so they crisp up. Eggs can be scrambled a day ahead of time. When cool refrigerate in a sealed container. Reheat before adding to cups. Serve assembled Hash Brown Cups immediately.